Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
craigrobinson
Full Speed Ahead!!!!

Default New Led's Wired Under Front Seats

G'day all, i have finally wired my blue LED's under the front seats in my FG XR6. Whilst i was out shopping the other day, i found a little store at the caboolture markets that sell LED's and stuff. I found a T10 plug that had wires out of it as apposed to lights and they slotted straight into the globe plugs for the front foot well lights. so it was a simple matter of wiring extra cable ect and runnig it to the under part of the front seats...

the gear i used:

30 LED strip (cut into 6 LED strips) One for each footwell and seats and a spare in case you break one of the strips. $29.95 from Jay car
3.5mtrs of low voltage positive and negative cable $.70 p.mtr
2 c T10 Power adaptors $5.60 ea
solder and heat shrink $2.50 apprx
some skin and blood from catching my hand under the passenger seat and hearing me curse with colourful language and jump up and down like an idiot????? PRICELESS!!!

the results are as shown:

So i then got creative and used the two T10 LED globes i had in the front foot well in the overhead lights. here is the result.... still not sure about it. let me know what you think??

so that is that so far... let me know your thoughts etc....

craigrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post