Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
The biggest issue I see with Ford offering such massive discounts of limited edition models is resale value.

When a genuine retail buyer has forked out 40K on a new base XR6, to only then have Ford release a “limited edition” model offering significantly more kit for low 30s drive away prices, then imagine what this is going to do to the resale value of that base XR6. This buyer will be lucky to get low 20s for it a year later.

I don’t personally care for the highish fuel consumption of a car, or the 6 monthly servicing costs … what I care a lot about is losing huge sums of money in one year due to resale costs … and that is exactly what is driving retail buyers away from Falcons.

No matter how good or bad the car is, if it’s gonna almost half in value after one year of ownership then there is no way its ever gonna get my money again. The Falcon is starting to look exactly like that.
i think you`ll find its not just falcons that depreciate, not many cars hold their value these days, its funny people talk about more expensive cars like benz ,beemers holding value a tad better , yet if you go onto a euro forum they complain about the same depreciation on those same cars.
in my opinion the problem is that there are too many good second hand cars on the market, we are just flooded with them, the only way i can see to keep some dollars is not to update so often.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post