Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Vent: Auto Store - Car Battery

Just a vent.

The other day, I went to a large chain Auto store (of which, I personally know half the guys that work there and I buy all my auto stuff from).

My battery in the HSV was dead as (only 7V and bulging).

Paid $150 and went off with a Supercharge Gold 600CCA (They recommended).

Get home and drop her in... no crank, no lights on dash...

Throw it in my Kia and it kicks over, so I let it idle for about 20 mins to give it a bit of charge.

Throw it back in the HSV and she kicks over fine...

All is well for a few days then yesterday at work, the car wouldnt unlock - no power! No dash lights.. nothing... So I got a jump, and left work... Had to keep the revs up cause anything below 1000rpm and she would struggle to idle...
Volt meter said 14V all the way home...

Got home, and turned car off... Turned the key to ON so the Volt meter gauge was on and it only had 9V on it... then dropped like a Territory's fuel gauge to about 5ish.... then no lights and no central locking... Nothing.

So I went back down to the auto store this morn, and they put it on some volt meter thingy and said it was fine and the little round circle on the battery was green so it must be fine...

I explained all of the above and they just shrugged their shoulders. They then said they didnt have another one to swap it with... So I asked for a refund and they said no. So I offered to pay extra and get a better brand, etc, and they said no.

"You will just have to wait till the rep comes down at lunch to test it" - mind you, I'm in full uniform and was meant to start work at 7:30 which they were aware of!

Im still waiting for a call to prob tell me my dead battery is fine.

So much for customer is king!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post