Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Angry Samsung plasma smashed display repair unhappy Jan

Afternoon all, I don't usually unload publicly but I'm throwing this one out there. Maybe its a industry thing, but my happiness with Samsung is not at a all time high.

Buy a 58" 3D plasma mid 2010 just released cost around $2700. Beautiful TV physically and brilliant quality pic. Except....pink speckles on the screen out of the box. Anyway, go through the warranty process and the display is replaced. Not the best start to our relationship. Anyway...clock goes forward to last September. My youngest swings something at the display and smashes it. Annoying, but its only a TV and at 2yrs, its just a big shiny thing to whack

Anyway, get it in for repair thinking no worries, take it on the chin teach me to have kids and large screen TV's....$2800 to replace the display. When a new 59" model of the same series is under $2K.

If its an industry thing, its a rip. If its not, so be it. But Samsung is not on my replacement shopping list.

Thank you, I feel better now But I still dont have my TV!