Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Take the car industry. It.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Hate to point out the obvious, but the issues this country face wont just affect the car industry. We are now seeing job losses in the retail and financial industries. At the end of the day - we are all competing with overseas workers and they will work for a lot less (not saying we should work for less) But i am suggesting Australia is in an intresting time at the moment.

Unemployment is tipped to rise and if the car industry were to shut up shop the loss of jobs and flow on affects of the loss of jobs would be quite devestating for our economy.

FYI I was informed and will see if I can find some facts but last year the governemnt purchased 21,000 vehicles from overseas - so its not as if they are supporting the local industry.
For some reason, Australia is not taking advantage of it's cheapest and most abundant assets - energy and resources!

Why? Oh yeah, it causes global warming and we must stop using carbon based energy to save the world

As for the Government purchases of import vehicles; that's a fringe benefit for Government employees that are not public servants - work that out
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote