Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Defensive Driver Training dangerous??

I can speak from experience here, most other can't, you can choose to believe me or not, your call, but . . . . . .

I got my licence in 1975, I did 4 right turns in a very small country town and was handed my licence by the Policeman, no reversing, no parking, no freeway driving, no night driving, no rain driving, no compulsory 120 hours of supervised driving - FACT!!!!

Today, a person must do 120 hours of supervised driving, they are required to demonstrate certain skills as laid down by the State Licencing Authority, the ability of the Licence Testes to deviate from this is so restricted it is not funny. They must pass a knowledge test and in Victoria a computer based risk assessment program. There is no way a person can pass a test with the minimum of skills and knowledge as laid down by the State Licencing Authorities. I have sat in the passenger seat on Vicroads Licence tests as a driver trainer.

The requirements these days as so far superior to what have been before it is not funny.

Now saying all that there can always be improvements to the system.

I find it hypocritical that people on here who were tested in a lesser set of circumstances criticise the current drivers for poor licencing - hang you heads