Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Sad scene today. Poor old bloke...

You hear about people getting too old to drive, and maybe we see the odd real slow oldie getting around, or our grandma giving up after some prodding.

Today I went down to the boat ramp in Geelong, just watching a few boats coming in and chatting to the owners about boats and fish, when this old bloke (maybe 80) straight out of the 60's comes in in his brown speed machine. Looked mighty cool I must say! All in perfect nick, nice clothes on himself too.

Anyway he goes to get his matching XW ute in original condition to pick up the classic boat. Man they went together great! And the brown trailer (with registration sticker from 1972 still stuck to the side!

I Dont think the boat has been in the water since 1972! I bet the ute and boat were bought new!

Anyway he tried and tried and tried to back the trailer down. A fair few blokes offered advice on how to do it, he wanted to do it himself. I and others offered to do it for him. Nope, he was adament. He was aiming the trailer down the pontoon, jackknifing. Finally he let another fella hop in and back it down after at least 20 minutes. I heard him saying I used to be able to do it etc etc. Sad day for him as a bloke, you could see his frustration and I guess embarassment. Was VERY hard for him to take help.

We all think that we can drive forever, I guess we cant :-(

EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote