Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Lets talk L and P speed limits

Hey all.

Something that has gotten on my nerves for a while now. Why is it that most of us Australians have to abide by the L plate 80kmph limit, 90 P1 and 100 P2?

Doesnt quite make sense to me. Guy gets his L's but cant exceed 80. So he has no idea what driving at beyond 80 is like plus if he gets onto the highway, he becomes a hazard.

P1 licence holders. 90 for what reason? If they felt 90 and beyond before there wouldnt be any issue.

Ditto with P2. Freakin joke on the highways. I have done and do thousands on highway klms each year and so far its increased my time on the road increasing fatigue plus it seems to be a good little money pincher.
110 zone. P1 driver going the posted limit which is legally safe, 20kms over the licence limit, $430 fine instead of $200 somthing? Should not even be a fine. P2, similar story.

How come WA doesnt have this law? How come their road toll is not astronomical?

Yes. Experience helps in not perishing on our roads but if one cant experience beyond 80 while on LEARNERS, what gives? They go by themselves driving at speeds unknown to them.

It all comes down to sense, the fully licenced driver should start the new driver off in the burbs, 50. Once they get the hang of driving and controlling a motor vehicle at what id call low speeds, go up more, 60, 70, 80, 90 so on and so forth. So long as you can see the new driver can handle it, there would be no issue. Least thats the case in all sizes of city and decent sized towns. Smaller country towns would mean lots of highway..but i wont go into that.

Either way, in my opinion, the licence speed limits are a fantastic crock...i wanna go WA..

So thats my rant. Sick n tired of this crap.
Guess i should go get my flame suit now.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post