Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

system sales haven't backed off here.......the potential partial loss of the rebate is having very little impact

I was speaking to a few install teams ( I sharpen their gear) they all said they are still flat out....most solar sales companies are honouring their current prices after the june cutoff or dropping the equivalent amount off the purchase price of the system

the system cost, in a lot of cases, has dropped well below the withdrawn rebate subsidy level

in my case I'm producing twice as much power as I use even during winter which finds me using the reverse cycle heater more often than ever simply because of the over production

we are looking at upgrading to ducted reverse cycle aircon next year simply to use up the excess because if I claim the amount owed to me by the power retailer I have to pay tax on it as income.....I'd rather use it myself

systems will possibly get cheaper over the long term, same as anything else, supply and demand will apply but then power costs will continue to rise as greedy conglomerates buy and sell to keep the profit wheel turning

AGL has just sold off a large wind farm to the japanese for $200 million

so what the market will do in five years time given all the unknown factors is anybody guess......everyone that I speak to comments on my system and have plans on installing their own so I cant see the market slowing down that much so prices may reflect that.....who knows???

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post