Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default V8 Conversion issues ... Photos needed

Hi all,

For those not aware I am currently converting my AU III Wagon to V8 along with a fairlane Ghia Interior and Manual transmission.

I have finally made it to the point of fitting the motor/gearbox today and have come across a couple of issues.

Firstly, I can't remember how the throttle cable and Cruise control cable a routed in the engine bay?? My memory failed here and I can't find any photos that show it well.

Secondly, I have found that the connector for the alternator is not the same. I haven't changed the drivers side loom/fuse box. Should I have or can I get away without doing this.

Thirdly, Another miss-matching plug? I think this one I can get around. But all of the vacuum lines on the passenger side of the engine bay I again can't remember how the run. So again if any one has a good photos of these that would be much appreciated.

Fourthly, When the engine and gearbox were bolted together I went to mount the gearbox cross-member only to find the entire motor/gearbox was out of line at the point of the cross-member by approx 2.5cm! Now this required a fair amount of force to rectify. I was wondering if this could be due to the engine mounts having re-moulded slightly after sitting stationery for 18+ months??

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote