Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: which car??
2010 Focus XR5 17 34.00%
2010 Falcon XR6 30 60.00%
2012 Focus Ambiente 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question New car, XR6 V's XR5 Focus V's Ambiente Focus

Guys,

Just doing a bit of research at the moment. My partner and I are looking at replacing our 2003 Focus sedan and are looking at the following:

2010 Ford Focus XR5 Turbo
2010 Ford Falcon XR6 Sedan
2012 Ford Focus Ambiente

Looking at getting a manual, possibly an auto in the XR6 due to availability,
My parents just got a 2012 Focus Trend. Was extremely impressed with it. Heaps of features, felt great to drive with the exception of a bit of torque steer. Have driven an XR6 a couple of times as a rental, quite like them but I'm thinking they're a bit short on features compared to either of the focus'. Have not driven an XR5 yet but can imagine the torque steer has the potential to be substantially worse than a standard focus but everything I have read about these cars states they are an awesome drive.

The situation is there is a baby on the way and we want to ensure there is enough room for all the usual baby stuff, pram etc. We also have a territory but we want to be able to use either car.

I'd love to get another Falcon but I'm not yet convinced its the way to go, I know the focus boots are awesome but no sure about the hatch back.

Woud love some peoples thoughts before I go tramping around car yards.

Btw we are expecting to do between 25-30,000 kms a year so it will be used, alot.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post