The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GM Sticks with Pushrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
But it is a great engine, and just like the LS series before it, it will be the crate motor of choice.

And OHC isn't modern...it's still 100 year old tech, its a stupid argument.
if you are going to quote me have the integrity to post completly and in context. I agreed that the crude OHC is older but went on to explain what type of development has gone into making it vastly superior.
partally quoting to make your point show how desperate you are to be right and how unethical you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
but it's not a "great engine" it is using technology long abandoned by the automotive community as antiquated and inefficent, I'm not against push rods in old school cars but this is the 21st century it is time to move on to modern technology.
sure crude OHC is older than OHV but OHC has been developed into something OHV could dream of it allows mulit valve and effective VVT . with OHC you can change inlet and outlet independantly , something not realistically acheivable with OHV engines. the only benifit I see with using tractor engines is size, yes they are smaller but is physical size worth the trade off?

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote