Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
K93George

Default 2 Cars Colliding at an amber light (car turning right into oncoming traffic)?

I was incredibly close, only a metre or so from hitting a car turning in front of me. The situation...

Driving dead on 60, light turns amber, continue driving, I start feeling like its been amber for too long, think to myself "hope I don't run the red". At this point I couldn't see anyone turning as multiple cars on my side where still trying to complete there turn, so this guy most likely didn't see me. I make it full car length into the intersection, still amber then out comes a car, I honestly didn't think I would stop in time, but fortunately I did. At this point it was red, I believe he pulled out as soon as it turned red, couldn't see anyone and continued his turn, sounds sensible. I really feel at fault here, could of stopped but didn't because... I knew I'd make it through on the amber? Bad mentality, so many do it, i'm just so happy I didn't hit him!

What do you guys think, running the amber because you can make it? Most of the time I stop but there are those random occasions where you miss judge the distance and think "hmm, could of stopped" or "could of made it".

K93George is offline   Reply With Quote