Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
davistev

Default Percentage who would buy another vehicle of the same Make

G'day,

I was looking at www.carsurvey.org and was impressed with how many reviews were actually documented. With all that data I found it difficult to be able to get a snapshot of what make of vehicle was actually preferred over another. The site makes it easy to look at Models, but not Makes.

So last night I decided to go through each Make that is commonly available here in Australia and look at the top three Models reviewed for each Make and record the percentage of drivers who would buy another Model. I then averaged the three to come to a final percentage that I could use to get my snapshot. In some cases, if the vehicle was not sold in Australia, I would not use that data. I determined if a vehicle was sold in Australia by looking it up on a well known sales website. This snapshot is a basic statistical picture of the overall satisfaction of owners for the top three models reviewed.

Below are my statistical findings.
1) VOLVO 83.7%
2) BMW 82.3%
3) HONDA 82.0%
4) TOYOTA 81.3%
5) FORD (AUS) 79.7%
6) MERCEDES 76.7%
7) MITSUBISHI 76.3%
8) SKODA 75.0%
9) PEUGEOT 74.7%
10) MAZDA 73.3%
11) DAIHATSU 73.0%
12) NISSAN 70.7%
13) SAAB 68.7%
14) SUBARU 68.3%
14) SUZUKI 68.3%
15) LEXUS 65.7%
16) AUDI 64.3%
18) FIAT 63.7%
17) HOLDEN 59.7%
18) LAND ROVER 59.0%
19) HYUNDAI 55.0%
19) JAGUAR 55.0%
20) CHRYSLER 54.0%
20) JEEP 54.0%
21) VW 52.3%
22) RENAULT 52.0%
23) DAEWOO 45.0%
24) KIA 39.7%

Attached is the detailed xls documenting how I came about the above figures. The weakness of these findings is that I only used three models of each make commonly available in Australia. The strength lies in the incredible amount of reviews on the site which allowed me to collect data.

Attached Files
File Type: xls CAR RANKINGS SUMMARY.xls (24.5 KB, 87 views)