Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default Re: Has anyone had a ticket on point to point radar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6
I understand the 2 cameras near Jolls bridge are there because the first camera is not to detect speed but to provide evidence that you were shown the variable speed limit before coming to the actual camera 500m up the road. There are no other points before that first set of variable signs that dictate the actual speed limit because the others before it are the 90 if raining & 100 if not, fixed signs - which can be open to interpretation, not to mention change since entering the new limit.

It also can't be a speed camera because there are no warning signs before it, all signs are after that initial camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
And yeah that first one top of Jolls - pass it every day - there are no pieze strips on road - it was the old broken one from Spit Rd
I've never actually paid that much attention to them, (just make sure I'm not speeding from halfway up the hill, till I pass the second overhead gantry), but yes, you're right, I've checked now. There's no sensors on the road, or a flash on the first camera either. So it either only takes a photo of the variable speed signs, (if you get done passing the second one), or it doesn't work at all, & is only there as a fake deterrent?
Would possibly fool non-frequent drivers, who speed up again after it, but regulars, know there's a second one down the road a bit & usually stay slow.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post