Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How easy would it be for a car theft to steal an FG?

Very random thread, I know.

But I was pulling in to our apartment complex in my work car this evening and when I was driving down the driveway a strange looking trashy dressed guy walked out from behind the fenced area where our bins are, which backs on to our carports, and the dude looked surprised and startled as my lights shone down there.

He proceeded down the driveway casually. I couldn't find a spare spot so I reversed out straight away and I saw saw him cutting across someones lawn on the corner and proceeding up the road at the intersection.

I've never seen this guy before, and my GS is the only 'nice' car in our complex.

It is under a car port, not locked away.

For arguments sake, say he can't get my keys 'cause they are locked up in my place, could an FG be easily stolen without keys?

This may sound paranoid, but I did used to leave my GS at my parents place, but their area has gone down hill, heaps of scummy people up and down the street constantly, and someone had a significant amount of stuff taken in the area there, not to mention I heard from some people I know 'around' that my car was being talked about, and someone wanted to take it.

So I brang it up to Perth to my place. BTW I live ina fairly nice area, only FPV around, no Commodores at all, just Audi's, BMW's and Mercs.

I hope someone can cure my paranoia and tell me something good

2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter