Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Six Montly Servicing or every 5,000 km's...good idea or waste of money ?
Good Idea and will benifet the longevity of the engine 65 41.67%
With Modern Oil's and technology its a waste of money 91 58.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Rodge
Banned

Default Six Monthly Servicing, or every 5,000 km's, Good Idea or Waste of Money ?

With the Falcon's eventual demise clearly mapped out some of you like me may be wondering (if you're considering making your current car a permanent keeper), whether its a good idea to start more regular servicing to aid your collectible treasure's longevity ?

I think this is most especially pertinent with forced induction Falcon's / FPV's but I've long thought 1 year or 15,000 km service intervals are inappropriate for a high performacne forced induction engine anyway... but as I only do about 7,500 km's a year in my car I've stuck with the yearly servicing for now. That said I'm seriously considering bringing the servicing in to every 5,000 km's which for me would be about every 8 months.

I note HSV has had 6 monthly servicing requirements as does the Chrysler SRT8 and Holden have just gone to every 9 months with their new VF Commordore. On the other hand many of the high performacne Euro's are still annual or every 15,000 km's or so, (maybe Euro manufacturers want to sell you lots of outrageously priced parts down the track), opps there's the natural cynic in me leaking out again...

I know it can't hurt the engine to service it more often but is more regular servicing money well spent or money wasted in the long run, especially in the light of the fact that many of us will be keeping our current Ford's for ages, what do you think ?

Last edited by Rodge; 06-08-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post