Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Bigboysgirl83
Starter Motor

Unhappy 2000 au fairmont series ii…..lots of problems

Hi everyone, definite newbie here with my first ford, brought her a week ago and now I have problems.
i hope this is in the right place as i have multiple issues i thought this would be the best place.
Ok,to start.
Dual fuel, ran out of petrol straight away starting it on gas and it gradually got harder to start, 2 or 3 goes at cranking her and she'd start no problems and drove fine. I got my husband to change the headlight bulbs in preparation for a road worthy and he pulled the battery out so he could access the bulb, the car hasn't started since, it cranks no worries, but won't fire. Honestly it sounds like its out of fuel and the fuel light is staying on and both tanks have a quarter each. So after the battery came out the stereo said code, I'm pretty sure my "lovely" children have played with it because it now says err, i was waiting for the codes from ford, should have them tomorrow.
My hubby pulled the battery out again and charged it, there was no battery for nearly 24 hrs. we've checked the fuses under the dash and they all appear good, we can hear the fuel pump, and a click when we flick it to gas. Im in far north qld and we've just had over a week of heavy rain and i noticed some of the displays where my air con and climate control panels are weren't displaying properly, in the sense half the numbers were there, thats fixed itself.
smartshield has not immobilized from what i can tell, but my remote will lock the car but not unlock? over head lamp is fine, actually everything in the car works, she just won't start. I tried to re program my remote and i had the locks doing their thing for everything but the unlock? I've done the "leave the keys in the on position for 61 mins", i even tried to have a crack at the in dash diagnostics but my timing must be off hahaha! And every time we put the battery in the dash says fai r? but if i turn the ignition off then on it comes up fine again.Wont kick on either fuel.

Fairmont au series ii, april 2000.
Any suggestions guys?.
Cheers

Bigboysgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post