Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
bighendo81
Starter Motor

Default AU2 No fuel injector pulse

Hi all, I have just replaced the engine in my AU2 with a low km engine from an AU1. I changed the bbm upper and map sensor over, I changed the TPS over and the throttle body, as the car is dual fuel and had the mixer ring setup.

Where I'm at now is that the car won't start on petrol. It will start and run on what little LPG is left in the tank and when set to petrol it will fire with some starting spray down the throttle body, but as soon as I stop spraying she dies, so I am sure it has to be an injection issue.

I connected a test light to both terminals of an injector plug and got a pulse, albeit not overly strong. My multimeter couldn't pick up the voltage during the quick pulses. I pulled the rail out and cranked the car over and no fuel came out of the injectors.

Where to now?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm no auto electrician but any advice is greatly appreciated, as long as you don't mind explaining it if I don't understand.

Cheers,
Matt

bighendo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post