Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #24
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Standardises More Innovations In Focus Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Ahh look it's the bash the focus thread....probably the best drivers small car for the last however many years yet people pick on useless dribble like lack of certain gearboxes and other options that still make it not only the worlds most popular car, but in most cases around the world BEST IN CLASS despite these glaring omissions.
I mean how many percent of zero people do you think start at weather it has a 5 or6 speed box and just walkaway if it's not the one the others had.. Comon.......stop whinging!
So if it's fun to drive.....as economical an efficient as it's competitors, aswell as at least evenly specd......then there you go. Winner.
Rant over (but can be continued)

Matey. Damo does a few kms through biggish hills to work and uses his 6 speed manual box in his LV diesel Focus. I do (in my LT diesel Focus)130km a day highway up to 125km/hr and ditto use the 6 gears and don't have the engine revving its tits off at that speed.

Prior I had a 1.6 Fiesta with a 5 speed which revved its tits off doing this job.

Unless Ford put a decent engine and a 6 speed manual in the Focus I,ll be buying another make next year to replace the Lt and yes it will have a 6 speed manual box.

Incidentally all 3 cars in our house are Fords, 2008 Focus, 2012 Fiesta DCT, and a 2007 4 speed auto Fiesta.

Damo has 2 Fords , I have 3 -we want to buy Ford but if ford is too cheap and lazy to spec the car right I,ll go elsewhere.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: