Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Nashy86

Default This is why you need insurance!

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share a quick story.

My car (FG MKII XR6T) was parked out the front of a mates place on Sunday arvo/night and we drove in his car to the city (40km’s away) for dinner. Whilst at dinner, he received a call from his neighbour asking who owned the Silver Falcon in front of his house, because it had been hit.

Long story short, his house is on a residential street, but has a bend in the road in front of his house (it’s kind of like a speed-trap to slow cars down, alternative to speed bumps I guess). Driver of a Hilux lost it on the bend in the wet, nailed my car and ended up on the opposite median strip. Fortunately the driver & passenger were un-hurt and it was dinner time so everyone else on the street was inside their houses.
Photos speak for themselves as to the damage, I'm waiting to hear whether it’s a write off, but I believe it will be.

The driver of the other car was a 20 year old Kiwi who holds an NZ Learners Permit only (no Australian licence) and his “licenced passenger” was a 19 year old with an NZ Licence as well.
The car was owned by the drivers older brother, who told me straight up that he had no insurance (not even 3rd Party).

In all honesty, the guys were good about it, they didn’t try to hide anything, all gave me their ID’s and details, including a passport for the driver since he was having trouble finding his learners permit (but found it in the end), but geez am I glad I have full comprehensive insurance to do the hard work for me!

Moral of the story: Make sure you’re insured! I know my insurance company will be chasing this guy for every cent.

Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote