Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
V8Crazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Something that really wound me up a bit last night.

Travelling home on the M5/Hume Highway, just cruising on the speed limit like everyone else (alright, tad above ...)

Just into the 110kmph zone, pass a whole stack of "hotted" up cars in the right lane as they were all cruising at about 80kmph (thinking, either its a car club cruise, or somethings gonna start up here).

Drive past a good distance, come back across the lanes (not a right lane hog), next thing see headlights and say outloud, here we go, then a Merc, R8 and another commo ute fly past well over my speed.

They then proceed to line up, 3 out of the 4 lanes and jump on the brakes (bringing everyone doing ~110 down to 70 or so rather suddenly), only to decide its time to compare ***** size by flopping them out on the freeway, drag race style.

Few more races infront and behind me (on a long stretch of road, usual spot for coppers to sit, though you can easily tell when they're not there and it usually opens the road up for speeders)

Now i'm a car guy, i work on cars and cars are generally on the mind most times of the day, i love drags, drift, racing, burnouts, all that. Hell i've got no problem with street car meets/etc (i go to a few), or the odd road race down the industrial complex (not something i do, but i have watched and i don't really have an issue with it because there is literally no one other than them selves to injure if they come unstuck) but to come out on the freeway with numerous other cars and people, purposely get infront of cars and blocking/slowing down the high speed freeway is just stupid especially since it was obvious they're all just coming back from friday drags (since there was a tow truck carrying a little dragster behind the group)

Its just annoying, not only did it make my journey longer (and others no doubt), i wasn't even entertained (maybe because of the lacking Ford presence?) and if someone came unstuck there was a large potential of injury to innocents/would have created major traffic issues/etc, its just stupid and just perpetuates the "hoon" stigma attached to car lovers/car meets/etc, keep it to the track or a dark street in the middle of nowhere.

One upside, its all on dashcam, not really into turning the footage in to the local cop shop though.
Mods : Capa Vortech V2 SQ Supercharger @ 8psi w/ Griptec pulley, 42lb injectors + 2Bar Map, W2A intercooler, Walbro GSS342 Fuel pump, Raceworks Adjustable Fuel Reg, 2.5" XForce Quadtip Catback Exhaust, 100 Cell Cats, Xforce Stainles Extractors, 25% underdrives
V8Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: