Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
OzriderXR8

Default New V Old

I had an hour to kill before the wife was home from work so I dropped into the Ford dealership today till look at potential new cars. The wife's Elantra comes out of warranty in 6 months and I need some tax deductions.

I spotted a little Mercedes C200 that I had considered a couple of years ago so I headed straight for it, 2 years old with 32000klms, sat inside and jumped straight out again.....the Hyundai is better quality inside.

Headed for an ex demo FGX XR8, 10200klms, $50k drive away....dealer told me it's almost impossible to get any new ones, I looked long and hard, compared it to a low KLM SSV in the yard, got to say, the SSV was pretty good, I think it may have been a Walkinshaw special though as it has Walkinshaw scuff plates on the door jams. I checked out the XR6 and G6E, sat in the new Mustang and watched a very happy family drive away in their new Blue one.

I walked away thinking I don't want to watch another high value vehicle depreciating in my driveway. That's why I got rid of the 4x4 in the first place.

So I'm thinking, for another $5K I could probably turn my current XR8 into a beast and be just as happy, the wife's car has only done 65000klms so hardly needs replaced.

My daughter will be old enough to drive in a couple of years so a 7 year old one owner, low KLM Elantra would be a perfect first car.

I'm sure I can find another way to get some tax deductions that are much more efficient than leasing another car like I've done for the last 15 years.

Decisions, decisions....

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: