Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
BGBLOK

Default Ford build numbers/unusual colour

Hey everyone!,
I have an XD with an unusual paint code, I've covered the topic in post classic trying to find out what it is. My thoughts are... Ford doesn't usually do one off paint colours as the set up and interruption of a busy assembly plant just can't justify building only one car with a certain option, particulalrly a paint colour. My XD is a 5 08 81 build XD 351 4 speed JG23YA S pac Falcon with the Trim code B2 but the paint code is Y0455, its a dark blue with very fine metallic flake in it. I have seen the Corporate blue code Y045 from Xa XB lists but don't yet know if it is a metallic?. Going back to the theory that you would think that any paint colur run of cars would surely be 50-100 to make it worthwhile on the assembly line, do any other members have an XD painted with this colour code on their VIN plate?. Anyone that has I'd like to know if they have ever repainted their car and if they found a formula for it on any chart or with a paint supplier, I'm having mine read from under the rear seat and a couple of other protected areas with a spectrophotometer which will give me the formula to have a batch mixed up but it doesn't solve the riddle of why the colour doesn't appear on any charts within the automotive paint suppliers industry.
Let me know what you come up with folks!.
Cheers
BGBLOK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post