Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
madmelon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question ECU Tuning and Overrun Fuel Cut - AU3 XR8

Hi All,

Hoping for some insight on changing the overrun fuel cut (ORC) parameters on AU3 XR8. The factory settings appear to have activation above 2500rpm and deactivation below 2100rpm. (That's to say, you need to exceed 2500rpm to activate the mode and it will cease cutting fuel below 2100rpm. More modern cars, including later Falcons, have these parameters set considerably lower- The BF I used to own seemed to be more like 1300rpm activate, 1000rpm deactivate.

With the factory parameters set so high, it's rare that ORC is actually enabled so huge amounts of fuel are wasted at 0% throttle when coasting.

Has anyone successfully changed these parameters with an X3 or any other tuning device on an AU XR8? I did ask to have it changed when I got mine tuned years ago but it was overlooked and I didn't realise until after I'd left. Having personally tuned MoTeC M800s before for race engines with a specific emphasis on fuel economy, I know there are big gains to be had by setting these parameters where they can actually be used - 10% or more reductions.

All insight welcome!

Cheers
Dan
madmelon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: