Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

It always sucks working Saturdays but today was not bad considering the deadline of the job I was on today. So the job wasnt difficult as such but there was just a lot of work to get done. Typically for a work load like that I'd be thrown an apprentice or 2 and slug it out for 12 hours only to spend a further 3 hours fixing up mistakes at the end, but not today. So today the other leading hand from my team was in, the leading hand from the company's other team was in, and also their gun tradesman. It's been a long time since I have worked on a site with a semi unrealistic deadline where all people take charge and with 1 set of plans there is no questions and no mistakes. The odd whaddya reckon on occasion but not any explanation of how to get things done. It was also good to catch up with 2 guys from the other team at lunch. The gun tradesman doesn't know much English so on breaks you have to explain colloquialisms which is fine, but on site even if he doesn't fully understand what you say, he fully understands electrical work so he just gets things done. That's the only reason he isnt bumped up to the leading hand role. Language barrier. But he is working on that. For a solid days work even with the extra hour on top it feels good on occasion to go home knowing that a quality job has been done within a tight time frame and I know everything is faultless. Well on our part anyways. But as not to be unexpected the plans were being changed as we were leaving so there may be some minor teething issues come Monday morning, but as of 3:30 today the original plan was executed brilliantly. Just working with a few people and no one was a wet blanket having to work a Saturday and over 8 hours bumps up my morale. Typically even if people want the extra pay they still drag you down doing weekend work. But today was a morale booster even though I'm not looking for extra hours. Its helped by the fact I had good blokes as help and guys who know their business.

Last edited by .:4:.; 16-06-2018 at 09:37 PM.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: