Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #11
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

If anyone needs hints and tips on how to deal with harsh lock downs, come to a Victorian, or more specifically, a metro melbournian . Happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poyal
So the bigger issue brewing are the legalities of the jab...this one is going to be a doozey.

On a personal level I will wait it out as long as I can, but the time will come when I am sure work will push it or I will want to travel. In that case I will comply.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out for those who "cant" due to other medical issues...

We are lucky in that we can sit it out for a bit longer than other countries.
By the time the vaccine is made available to the general pop, we should have had sufficient data on its safety. I think most of the approvals at the moment are only "emergency use".
Also heard a medical expert say that adverse long term effects usually show up within the first 6 months, so we can see how the UKnians are doing.

I'm more worried about those who are over 65, which includes my folks. Germany is saying no to applying Astrazeneca to over 65s, but most others are saying its ok. In China, the elderly and children are not included in the vaccine roll out plan, this is for both their local vaccine as well as non local vaccine. "trials" have only been given to healthy people so there is insufficient data on the elderly and those already with health complications.