Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #11
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Multiple citizenships, too easy. Thought you had that option? My loyalty to Australia is to my neighbours, my friends, to indigenous Aussies, even to the people I dislike personally - not to a government doctrine that belongs in the old Eastern Bloc.

The gay nomads found a legal loophole to leave in that they are “not ordinarily resident in Australia”. One of the exempted categories for heading overseas. Coincidentally, to Italy which is gearing up to accept vaccinamacated people.
No, where I am originally from does not allow dual citizenship. However, regardless of citizenship or PR, you can't just come and go as you wish. You can only leave if you can show that you meet the criterias. And just saying you won't be back for 3 months (one of the criterias), without other cause, is not sufficient as far as I am aware, I know people who have been rejected on that basis. If you have dual nationality, you could just claim you are leaving to reside at another destination I suppose.

Even if i had the choice, I'm quite happy here. Although I do miss my nephew and niece, they were due to come back July, but all flights cancelled due to outbreak in their transit destination.

Speaking of neighbours, our neighbouring countries are being hit with bigger waves than previous. I don't think some people appreciate the risk of an outbreak. Hence why I am supportive of the international border restrictions, and the necessary evil of snap lock downs where there is a local breach. I do however find it interesting that some can support one but not the other.
This user likes this post: