Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #15
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Expert advice and NOthing but BULL****!

So a further update..

After receiving the car back on Friday having had the passenger side rack end and tie rod end replaced and the knock now eliminated i thought it was finally up to standard, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

So after my trip to Pedders with my Ranger on Saturday i decided to return home and take the fiesta for a spin.
Got it out on the highway and soon enough it began to vibrate through not only the steering wheel but the whole car, you could see and feel the passenger seat vibrating in waves.
With the knock eliminated and the buckled wheels replaced with new items i figured the only thing left could be the old tyres it had on it when i bought it so off i went to my tyre guy for a set of new rubber.

Whilst there i had it re wheel aligned and it was at this point that i realised this may be a much bigger problem than a few steering components and new wheels and rubber.
The yard had said it was wheel aligned after the rack end and tie rod end was replaced which you'd expect, problem was, when i had it wheel aligned 24hrs later it was out by quite a bit in castor and camber on the passenger side.
They re aligned it and away i went.
On Monday morning i drove to work and as soon as i got to around 95km/hr it began to shake and vibrate again, i was livid and at my wits end, so back i went to the car yard.

To their credit they agreed to send it back to the mechanic and gave me a free loan car for my troubles.
Today they rang me back and said the mechanic cant find the problem, had swapped the wheels over to a set of steel base model wheels and on test drive the vibration was better but not eliminated.
I went there after work and we discussed the findings.

At first they tried to blame the wheels i put on it suggesting they weren't correct for the car, to this i disagreed and pointed out that 16" rims are standard issue for a Zetec and that all i did was replace them same for same using the original tyres in the first instance.
They then tried to blame the road i drive on to work.
To be fair this is a relatively new expressway and is notorious already for its terrible characteristics, however, the camry loan car they gave me was perfect on it and so is the Ranger whereas the Fiesta also vibrated on other roads of 110 speed limits.

Finally they admitted they have no idea whats wrong with it and weren't sure what to do, to this i again told them what every person i've had work on the car has said, its had a severe kerb etc. crunch and in particular the front passenger side suspension causing the buckled wheels, damaged rack end and tie rod end resulting in the knock in the steering and the continuous vibrations and that it could either be damaged suspension pick up points or as bad as a bent subframe/chassis.

After considering this and my mention of not fit for purpose and consumer affairs they offered me a full refund plus costs i've encountered in trying to correct the vehicle or a replacement vehicle to the same value.
So thats where im at, contemplating swapping it for something else or taking my money and looking elsewhere and to be honest im not sure what to do.

On one hand im thinking its left a bad taste in my mouth but at the same time the yard has been fairly honest and upfront about wanting to fix the issue but just running out of ideas.

Thoughts?
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post