Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
How do these two compare to NV Snow? Similar in quality and performance?
CarPro Reset, NV Snow and Koch Chemie GSF are my top 3 soaps.

1st - CarPro Reset, for it's amazing slickness, great cleaning ability while remaining pH neutral and the fantastic scent. Can be used in a bucket wash and a foam cannon.

Score - 10/10

2nd - NV Snow. What grabs my attention with Snow is that it is almost as good as Reset and has an edge over GSF but for less money. The only thing that it looses over the other two is scent, which is still great but not outstanding.

Score 9.5/10

(Note - NV Snow+ is a higher pH variation on Snow designed for tougher cleaning/wax stripping. It foams extremely well but lacks any kind of of artificial scent and is very "chemical" in its aroma. My sister even noted it smells harsher than the other soaps we often use to clean her car. I tend not to "rank" this soap as it's not a product you will be using as often as the other pH neutral soaps, but I think it's worthwhile having.)

3rd - Koch Chemie GSF. This is one of those products that is an absolute pleasure to use, mainly owing to it knockout scent. It offers similar slickness to Snow and Reset. I find that it foams thickly but tends to dissolve quicker on the paint than Snow, it's this reason why I rank it in 3rd.

Score 9.0/10

I would challenge anyone to not be pleased with any of these soaps and it takes minute analyzing to separates them on performance. All measure 9 and above out of 10 in my opinion. For comparison sake, P&S Pearl would rate at 6/10, loosing points for it's very average foaming ability and generic scent. Meguiar's Gold Class would be 6.5/10, loosing points for it's gloopy consistency, making hard to measure out.

To the average person, all of these products are just car soap. But there are differences between them all.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: