Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #10
tasdex

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
I drove out to Charters Towers (North Qld) yesterday to pick up a motorcycle. The chap I bought it from, also had an original cream coloured Datsun 180B in the carport. The car was on full rego and made for an interesting story.

He was telling me that it belonged to his elderly neighbour. Obviously he and his wife had a close relationship with the neighbour, as tends to be the case in country towns. The elderly man passed away fairly recently and left the car to the couple in his will.

He was telling me that his wife drives it out to the cemetery each weekend and thanks the old gent for his kind gesture. The car is completely as it was when the late owner last drove it. His old hat still sits on the passenger side front seat.

Makes me think of my ol man .
Neighbours bought a new 180b sss ,,
Quite an elderly couple that only drove it to the compound ,, 3 k’s daily ,,
And Friday night it drove to the small village town ,,” now a lot bigger “ ,,,8ks for shopping .
The lady passed and my dad bought it off them with low low k’s .

Was babied by the old fart ,,
Did virtually the same trips ,, due to working at the same prison as the orig owner ,,
Bar our annual round tassie trip .
Had to wash/detail it every weekend .
Was sposed to be passed down to me ,,
But the mongrel bastard traded it for a Volvo brick ,,,
My woodwork teacher at school’s one ,,
Mongrel
tasdex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post: