Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #10
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Today, I spotted this ex-client mowing the lawn herself with an older Pope lawn mower with a 148cc Briggs. She was struggling to push the thing and it was also stalling. Had to smile a little, perhaps she now understands that it's harder than it looks.
Thats kind of relatable to me having a laugh at my mate who rents my grannyflat.
So when he offers to do the lawn for me i always say use my mower. He refuses. He has a poxy 14' sprinter chassis with a 148cc briggs on it.
My mower is nothing flash, 18' victa chassis with a 158cc briggs. But, mine has been maintained.
So when i get up my mate to maintenance his mower the standard response is why, as it still runs. I checked his oil and it didnt make the dipstick, did him the favour of putting in some sae30.
My mower has reasonably fresh oil, reasonably new spark plug, air filter and blades. So starts 1st time everytime and is all good.
My mates mower, well, that requires effort and swearwords to start, bogs down cutting dandelions and stalls out on grass left a week longer then the 'i should probably cut that' stage.
The thing would be fine with a service and new blade. Service kits for briggsys you can get from bunnings which have plug, air filter and oil in them. My mates crappy mower is a straight blade, but pretty sure theyre cheap as too. I know swingbacks for my mower arent expensive.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: