Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2024, 11:28 PM   #9
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Why is it.................?

My ex employer treated me well. It was very much a 2 way street, the owner was one of 'those' people who would cut off his nose to spite his face if you know what i mean. But if you did the right thing towards the company he did look after you. I worked there for 14 years before i left and in that time, just by doing an honest days work for an honest days pay, i got perks. Also because being on service and doing quotes, little things like being encouraged to take customers out for coffee or lunch etc to build customer relationships and sales etc. That side of things didn't go down to well with my workmates as they (regardless of age) reverted to schoolyard jelousy, as in 'why does he get payed to take 2 hours to take a client to a thai restaurant'.
I think the nicest thing my employer did for me was. On a friday night in april 2017, my left arm stopped working down from the elbow. My logic was sleep it off, but nah, didnt work on saturday either. Went hospital and they said what they said so i sent the certificate to the boss and said i wont be in on monday. I did that to prove no bs on dates. Boss called me on the saturday to ask whats next. Well monday i saw my gp who reffered me to a neuroligist. I booked that, but the appointment was 6 weeks off. Told the boss and he cut me off and said he'd call me back. His dad worked in a private hospital (as a maintenance man/bed pusher) and pulled some strings and got me in to their neurologist for nerve conduction studies the next day. Boss also payed for it. Well no answers from that, it took 39 days before i got any movement back, but. Work car and fuel card the whole time.
So i was looked after. 7 years later left hand still doesnt work good. Im left handed too, so my handwriting is that of a 5 year old.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: