Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2024, 09:46 AM   #1
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Default Ford Ba Bf FG Security Thread

Hi all,

i am a member of a few facebook 'stolen cars' groups. There seems to be a huge issue with VF SS and HSV models getting stolen at the moment, with the thieves seemingly covering up indicators with tape, smashing a window, re-programming ecu to use their key and driving away. All in probably under a minute.

Also heard several stories where people had air tag type trackers put on their cars by the thieves (from shopping centres or car parks etc) and then the cars stolen in the days or weeks ahead.

This is super concerning to me. So this brings me to my question here:

Is this a rampant problem with performance BA BF FG falcons? I don't hear about many being stolen.

What are people doing to prevent theft on our beloved falcons?

I have all the usual personally: Behind locked gate, 2 rollers doors, locked in shed with keys in safe, a tracker hidden in vehicle, usually disconnect a fuse or other plug, as well as over-insured with good agreed value, as well as buy back for the BA. Apart from maybe installing a bollard behind them, are people doing anything extra to the cars themselves to prevent these zombies attacking?
This user likes this post: