Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
XRchic
Hello

Default Holdups with my car!!! GRRRRR!

My car is about to end its warranty. My 5th gear synchro had been playing up, so we thought that we should get it fixed before the warranty expires.

A few weeks ago we book it in. Take it in last Tuesday and they tell us it wont take too long, maybe a couple of days. The Mt Barker dealer contacts us to let us know that there are other problems with the gearbox which need fixing and they have to order parts from Melbourne. No problems with that.

They tell me it will be another day or two, Thursday at latest. However, there was a delay getting the part, so they tell us Friday late arvo.

They ring us Friday at 5pm to tell us that no, the car will not be ready. The parts only arrived lunch time Friday and they couldnt get it all fixed and assembled by that night, but it would be back Monday (today).

I rang them this morning to check when it would be ready and to organise how to get it. They told me that it will be ok to come and get it late today, after Eamon gets home to drive me there, while my 12 year old stays with our newborn son for half an hour (Ford dealership is 5 min from our house). The capsule is in MY car.

I organise this, but then I have just received a call from the dealership saying that the wrong part was ordered, that the 5th gear they received was actually one from an XR6T and therefore does not fit. They have to re-order the part from Melbourne and wait for that to arrive and rebuild it. They told me perhaps the next few days, depending on how long the part takes to arrive THIS TIME.

I am not happy, as we were supposed to go to a really good friend's (and my boss) 35th birthday party (her partner is into Fords and was keen to meet Eamon) and we could not go as we do not have a car with a capsule. Also we could not go out for Mother's Day because we had no car with capsule.

I have been stuck at home since last Tuesday morning, since I cannot go anywhere with my son, with no capsule (or car). I have literally not left the house since last Tuesday. I have not been able to go to the shops, pick up the kids, take the kids to the doc (they have been sick) but I thought at least it would be back tonight, in time for my Mum's birthday this week... but noooooo it seems I am going to be stuck home for a while yet.

I guess it is not the dealer's fault since they cant control parts coming in from interstate. But this morning they told me the gearbox was assembled and would be put in the car today... but this arvo they tell me that the part was all wrong... sounds strange.

Anyway, Im not happy. But they are the only dealer in Adelaide who will work on my car for warranty. :(

Grrrrrr.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post