Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought u only get 12 points when on opens?
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #32
HWY666

4 points on P's in QLD,12 on opens in QLD.Be thankful,i lost my licence last yr for high speed right.Now,in QLD if you are convicted of more then 40km/h over,it atuomatic 6months/$750 odd fine.Fair enough.Now,the Department Of Transport up here sent me out a application for a good behaviour 1 point licence,filled it out,took it over,all good they say.
Took the missus away for the weekend few months ago,came back 8am in the morn,got pulled over by the same cop i got high speed from.Gives me a notice to appear in court for Unlicensed Driving.DOP neglected to mention that the had f$%ked up,wasnt ment to get a letter for a 1 point licence,as you lose that right for 40/over.an extra 6 months suspension and $500 more fine,for something that was truly NOT my fault.
I asked the DOP when i took the 1 point form over if that was right,yeah,yeah,no worries.Bas tards

Previous:
BA XT Ex Police duty car- factory dual battery, LSD, shiftkit

F6 Tornado No 20- Silhouette, partially restored (bar paint), Plazmaman piping kit, Pedders gear+ rear swaybar

BF XR8 MK2, 6 spd manual- Pedders coilovers, Yella Terra CAI, tuned to 260rwkw
HWY666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #33
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats got to be a real pain in the bum. i got lucky just before christmas i was doing 121km in a 80 zone. he took that one point to make 120 so the fine was 100 bucks less and 4 points instead of 6. i used the excuse i need to go to the toilet thats why i was speeding lol. didnt work. but being nice to the copper mad my fine a bit better. he thought i was on my opens but i was on my p's. so still lost my licence. i shouldve been on my opens last yr in april but no this is the 3rd time its been lost
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #34
Ringo
I see you....

Ehhhh at least you've learned from it.

nothing like losing your license or pranging your car to make you wake up to yourself.

Never lost my license but i ran up the back of someone elses car when I was 19....changed my driving style, and my bank balance, and my rating, instantly !
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote