Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Ford Marketing - Rate it !
Excellent.... hundred mile an hour 2 0.87%
Acceptable.... cruising 29 12.66%
Poor... the pits 198 86.46%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #31
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

irlewy86

I notice in you signature the quote about the looks of the FG. The official photo's are all with a wide angle lens which distorts shapes. It looks better in real life. Surely if it was not going to correct it should look better in the add.

A good get. It's hard to defend this stuff.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #32
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Say's it all when ford aus uses an american add with a lhd american mondeo. Couldnt even show a rhd aus model.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #33
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This pic was taken at Mount Panorama last week. The only "Ford" logo/emblem/reference that could be found anywhere was on my car.
Gee, look at the pretty red signage... I wonder who that could be?
Just as well that Mount Panorama is an unimportant stopover...

(Sorry dialuppers - any smaller and it loses the effect)
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #34
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford's marketing and advertising is comparable to Sega. I wouldn't be too proud of that if i were Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #35
Jayden
Graphic Artist

There will be a FG falcon ad one day obviously. And it better be bloody good or else.... ill be unhappy. 100 dollars says it will be as hopelessly new age valium family orientated lameness as the unveiling though.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #36
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Ford Marketing.. I didnt even know we had a marketing department lol

What you said.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #37
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
I'm guessing the one person that voted for "excellent" is a Ford Marketing employee.
If anyone from Ford actually looked at this website, Ford wouldn't be in any trouble at all. By ignoring it, they are showing that they don't care what customers want or think. Every person here is an existing or potential new Ford customer. We have views, opinions and desires we would like in a new car. Those ideals are all here in black and white. How much would market research cost if they had 1-2 people sitting there reading this site and reporting on findings. A damn site less than are currently spending I'm guessing.

We maybe wasting our time suggesting things as they seem to be oblivious.

Best marketing quote I've heard. Brisbane MMM: "Expensive marketing research tells us you don't want a radio station that listens to expensive marketing research."
Maybe Fords philosophy too.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #38
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
If anyone from Ford actually looked at this website, Ford wouldn't be in any trouble at all. By ignoring it, they are showing that they don't care what customers want or think. Every person here is an existing or potential new Ford customer. We have views, opinions and desires we would like in a new car. Those ideals are all here in black and white. How much would market research cost if they had 1-2 people sitting there reading this site and reporting on findings. A damn site less than are currently spending I'm guessing.

We maybe wasting our time suggesting things as they seem to be oblivious.

Best marketing quote I've heard. Brisbane MMM: "Expensive marketing research tells us you don't want a radio station that listens to expensive marketing research."
Maybe Fords philosophy too.
While you may have some valid points id go so far as to suggest the "mix" of contributors here would mean the data is somewhat "tainted" and "unsubstantiated" at best in terms of bias by either the age, preference or buying potential of the contributors.... Its unavoidable on a Forum like this... The vast majority of forum contributers are enthusiasts by nature, but only represent a small "biased" sample size.
Proper market research involves identifying the age, sex and demographic of the contributor, not to mention buyer or market segment they're interested in.....

Last edited by 4Vman; 09-03-2008 at 12:33 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #39
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I do not believe they are doing a bad job and for those that say they spend nothing, then you mus be watching the ABC!

Ford Sponsor The Swans, The domestic Cricket (Ford Ranger Cup), the Backyard Cricket for the one day series to name a few.

They have been heavily promoting the Focus and Fiesta in the later part of 07 in line with market demands for smaller vehicles to compensate for higher oil prices.

Yes they have been promoting Mondeo - did you not epect them to promote a new model?

the FG is NOT released yet - expect a larger campaign apart form the web campaign in coming weeks.

Do people forget the following Ford campaigns?

a) BA drip feed campaign. It won industry and advertising awards.
b) The BA TVC - excellent branding ad for new Falcon
c) The Tezza ad - Covered off al attributes of the SUV market (You are amazing ad)
d) Tezza Ad with school mums and their trucks - hit the nail on the head isn't Tezza still market leader?)
e) The Ute Blokes - Even after the fun police clamped down on them, they came back with funny comebacks
f) I think most here acknowledge the Metro sexual Ute ads
g) BFII Fairmont Ghia Ad - certainly inreased sales of this dating model; I can't recall other BF II ads only the Ghia (and it was the look of all BFii IMO)

I have worked within a marketing department and worked with ad agencies. It is a very costly business both in creating but also in media buying. You have to be sure that you are buying media spots that target your audiences. You can bombard the market place with stacks of ads, but this can have a negative effect with punters becoming blind to your brand - Telstra have done this and you can start to see them pulling out of sponsorships across Australia.

Optus has one of the most recognised brands in the country - but many only remeer it as an Optus ad, not for what the ad was about.

I'm not saying Ford to the best job, but I feel they do a good job with the money and product they have. I expect that marketing of the FG will befit the capital investment in the product of $800M. We all know this Falcon has many ore features that are very marketable than the outgoing BF series.

How about we give Ford a chance, and if you really want to make a difference, why not provide some constructive criticism to FoA rather than just blogging it. You think they do not care, but actually send them a letter in the mail - not an email. This gets to the actual marketers.

Rant over - pick away people
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #40
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Proper market research involves identifying the age, sex and demographic of the contributor, not to mention buyer or market segment they're interested in.....
4Vman,

I agree. However, if you read my new signature you will see that your apparent commonsense is quite contrary to Fords maniacal thinking...
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
I do not believe they are doing a bad job and for those that say they spend nothing, then you mus be watching the ABC!

Ford Sponsor The Swans, The domestic Cricket (Ford Ranger Cup), the Backyard Cricket for the one day series to name a few.

They have been heavily promoting the Focus and Fiesta in the later part of 07 in line with market demands for smaller vehicles to compensate for higher oil prices.

Yes they have been promoting Mondeo - did you not epect them to promote a new model?

the FG is NOT released yet - expect a larger campaign apart form the web campaign in coming weeks.

Do people forget the following Ford campaigns?

a) BA drip feed campaign. It won industry and advertising awards.
b) The BA TVC - excellent branding ad for new Falcon
c) The Tezza ad - Covered off al attributes of the SUV market (You are amazing ad)
d) Tezza Ad with school mums and their trucks - hit the nail on the head isn't Tezza still market leader?)
e) The Ute Blokes - Even after the fun police clamped down on them, they came back with funny comebacks
f) I think most here acknowledge the Metro sexual Ute ads
g) BFII Fairmont Ghia Ad - certainly inreased sales of this dating model; I can't recall other BF II ads only the Ghia (and it was the look of all BFii IMO)

I have worked within a marketing department and worked with ad agencies. It is a very costly business both in creating but also in media buying. You have to be sure that you are buying media spots that target your audiences. You can bombard the market place with stacks of ads, but this can have a negative effect with punters becoming blind to your brand - Telstra have done this and you can start to see them pulling out of sponsorships across Australia.

Optus has one of the most recognised brands in the country - but many only remeer it as an Optus ad, not for what the ad was about.

I'm not saying Ford to the best job, but I feel they do a good job with the money and product they have. I expect that marketing of the FG will befit the capital investment in the product of $800M. We all know this Falcon has many ore features that are very marketable than the outgoing BF series.

How about we give Ford a chance, and if you really want to make a difference, why not provide some constructive criticism to FoA rather than just blogging it. You think they do not care, but actually send them a letter in the mail - not an email. This gets to the actual marketers.

Rant over - pick away people
Thankyou, a refreshingly honest and IMO accurate account..

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fords problems arnt really marketing, sure it could be better, but how many threads are on here about unhappy customers with Ford dealerships??? word of mouth is a big way to market. And why do Ford keep giving us american presidents to sell aussie cars to aussies??? im not a fan at all of gormon and osbourne.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #43
wild6
wild6

very poor the fg is a nice looking car and ford have done nothing to really get it out there. they havent even changed the fpv wheels from bf mark 2. the gt at the motor show could have at least been slightly lowered to get rid of the god awful stock ride height just to get rid of the gaps a little i mean u could get your whole head under the rear guard.
they need to sautrate the market with photos and commercials showcasing what a great car this is
wild6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post