Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #31
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

yeah unless it was pretty rooted, mont5.0 could have done a shedload better than he did
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
sold my 5litre series 2 fairmont for $3200 two weeks ago. AU's (except T's and XR's)- arent worth jack!

that's a steal...
too cheap IMO...
Could you have done better?
Was that a trade in price..?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #33
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

No dramas with it no leaks. Had it on Ebay for 1 week- starting bid $3200.00-mate bought it for starting bid. The only people that will pay good money for a Used 98 fairmont is another AU fanatic. as stated before it is just another 12 year old car to many people, look at the vast number of newer cars that can be had for the same price. (all makes not just fords)- Not trying to offend anyone...but you did ask for opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
yeah unless it was pretty rooted, mont5.0 could have done a shedload better than he did
Please enlighten us with your expertise on selling used cars. The car was for sale on varies formats for over a month with 2 inquiries. I dropped the price from 6g to $3200,And no it wasnt rooted at all. Mechanically A1.
Look at the bigger picture Mr Hardware- AU's arent worth much in standard high k form.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #34
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Sell now or run it into the ground. AU's are worth jack, even with super low K's. I just picked up a SIII AU Fairmont with 60,000k's for $4k for a mate. And I thought that was a bit exxy, but this thing is like new, so was worth it. Something with 200k on it is just not going to fetch what you want I'm afraid.

AU's were never popular when new, and they are certainly not sought after now.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #35
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
Sell now or run it into the ground. AU's are worth jack, even with super low K's. I just picked up a SIII AU Fairmont with 60,000k's for $4k for a mate. And I thought that was a bit exxy, but this thing is like new, so was worth it. Something with 200k on it is just not going to fetch what you want I'm afraid.

AU's were never popular when new, and they are certainly not sought after now.
I agree with this. I wouldnt bother selling unless you are desperate for cash. Keep it, run it into the ground.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #36
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I just signed contracts to trade mine in, waiting on the finance to come through now for the new car.

I got $3.5k for it - but its pretty shot now, needs a lot of work to bring it up to scratch again, see my thread here "A tear will be shed" for more info on that.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #37
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
Please enlighten us with your expertise on selling used cars.
One of my jobs when i looked after the taxis was selling the old taxis. I also buy cars to sell in my spare time. I have probably sold 20 or 30 cars in the past 8 years. Selling cars with high kays is my expertise.

Cars almost never sell on forums. Cars sell for 5/8ths of bugger all on ebay. Trading in cars is for suckers and chumps. Cars sell relatively well on carsales.com.au, but the big sellers come on the side of the road, believe it or not. You've got to appeal to the buyers who aren't out looking for a car - that way they don't compare, they just take it on face value which is usually a concoction of their own pretty poor experiences and ideas. Get yourself a sunshield and print & stick on massive letters that cover the windscreen - "REGO RWC FULL ELECTRICS $5000" Stick it on a vacant lot or corner on a main road and if you haven't sold that car within 48hours, you're doing something really wrong.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #38
urbancowboy

Mr Hardware, you have some excellent ideas there buddy! Where do i sign up for a subscription to your magazine

When selling a aging car even with high K's there is always going to be the exception's to the rule's, such as a
high K's car with a faultless history,
and large money spent of fastidious upkeep,
quality upgrades,
popular options,
full options,
popular colours,
good condition,
then theres the "X" factor, when the (potential) buyer takes it for a test drive and you (the seller) tell them to give it a gut full and see the look on their face as they experience potentially their new car!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post