Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #31
BlackLS

Good work stiddy. Go around to your favorite "prestiege" smash repairers and get 3 or more quotes.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #32
stiddy
Banned

Ahh theres an Exotic car Spraypainter down the road that does audis, mercs, and high end cars, that i'll be paying a visit to...
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #33
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Great work mate! yep....get some pricey quotes and make them pay up....

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #34
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Was the car parked in a driveway????
Was it parked across the footpath section????
or was is parked on the Council nature strip ... ie: between the mail box and the gutter ... anywhere along the front of your house????

If you are parked on the Council nature strip ... I am afraid you don't have a leg to stand on as you are illegally parked ... your case will be thrown out of court as well if you take it that far.

If the car is parked in the driveway but partly across the nature-strip section ... you are also illegally parked (even though it is your driveway as well).

So just to let you know if your car is parked anywhere between the mailbox and the street (any part along the front of your yard) ... you are on council property and you can actually be fined for it ... depends how leniant your council is though ... but cops aren't so leniany sometimes.

its bloody true
i got fined even tho i was on my driveway as close to the garage door as possible and my driveway is paved right to the road for being across thier imaginary footpath lines.....to me its absolutely bullsh*t....wats the world comming to when u get fined for parking in your own f&*king driveway
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #35
stiddy
Banned

My car was parked on the naturestrip, purely because i cant fit 2 cars on my driveway.. (just about everyone in my street parks like this), if i park both my cars nose to tail on the driveway the *** end of one of them sticks about 1 foot onto the road.. and cuts off all access to pedestrians and the postie..

And doing a 2 car shuffle in the morning to gets cars out for work really gets annoying..

whereas being on the nature strip people can still walk past easily and you can fit a postie bike quite comfortably past my car and garden edge/ letterbox.. (hes been doing this for months and months without any dramas)

and even though this maybe illegal, the police officer and australia post havent said anything about it ?!?! and even if they did, it dosent neglect the fact that he scrapped down the side of my car and drove off.. leaving the scene of an accident?

Anyhow, the postie admitted to doing the damage to my car, and hopefully without too many dramas they will pay for it to be fixed..
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #36
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
My car was parked on the naturestrip, purely because i cant fit 2 cars on my driveway.. (just about everyone in my street parks like this), if i park both my cars nose to tail on the driveway the *** end of one of them sticks about 1 foot onto the road.. and cuts off all access to pedestrians and the postie..

And doing a 2 car shuffle in the morning to gets cars out for work really gets annoying..

whereas being on the nature strip people can still walk past easily and you can fit a postie bike quite comfortably past my car and garden edge/ letterbox.. (hes been doing this for months and months without any dramas)

and even though this maybe illegal, the police officer and australia post havent said anything about it ?!?! and even if they did, it dosent neglect the fact that he scrapped down the side of my car and drove off.. leaving the scene of an accident?

Anyhow, the postie admitted to doing the damage to my car, and hopefully without too many dramas they will pay for it to be fixed..
3 doors up from me the guy regularly parked his car on the street in front of his house. facing the wrong way a neighbour across the road complained to the police . the guy was given a warning that this is illegall and if the car causes an accident no insurance either . apparrantely it is ok to park the right way on the street.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 AM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid
so if i were to see a car parked illegally i could vandalise it in front of a cop or council officer and they would do nothing cos the car is doing an illegal thing?
Well if you did it in front of a cop or council officer ... your bloody stupid ... plus you wouldn't get away with it as they have sited you vandalising it.

But if there are no other witnesses to the said damage by the postie ... you are going to have a hard time trying to prove it ... also in doing so ... the council can be nasty and turn around and fine you for parking there is the first place ... I think it's a $70-odd fine ... or thereabouts.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:31 AM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
The postman, has admitted to hitting my car.. he said and i quote " yes i rubbed up agaisnt his car, but i was unaware that any damage was caused... and i will take full responsibility of what has happened"
Good stuff ... that's the main thing ... you are lucky indeed.

Also you are lucky with your council as well ... a friend of mine used to get fined regularly for parking on the nature strip (not on the footpath either) in front of his place ... due to similar circumstances as yourself with cars in the driveway. Some councils are just after your money as well ... others don't care.

gtfpv: yeah it is illegal to park pacing the wrong way for that side of the road ... not sure on the reasoning ... but you can be booked for that as well (BTW: I think i saw you on Richmond Rd the other week - Black GT, custom plates, silver stripes)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #39
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
(oh and they werent happy that i got the police on the case...)
If the postie left details when he did it the cops wouldn't have been needed. The claim he wasn't aware he damaged the car is rubbish - he would have hit your car and panicked, and ridden off hoping nobody would find out. At least he admitted it when he was confronted with the claim.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #40
xespac

Good to hear that they are taking responsibility! can't say much for my $30 they stole as my birthday money..... bloody postie stole it. (happen years ago when I was 16.....was really annoyed!)
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #41
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by xespac
Good to hear that they are taking responsibility! can't say much for my $30 they stole as my birthday money..... bloody postie stole it. (happen years ago when I was 16.....was really annoyed!)
Bloody filthy postie's!! they all suck!! :evil_laug

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #42
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Do you want to borrow my dog mate?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #43
Gauntster

Quote:
Went into the Cop station this arvo, and they were telling me not to worry about it until the post office comes back to me with something..
i even asked him can he alteast write something down to show that i came in about the matter and what had happened.. and he said no.. and if i really want to get the police involved i should ring the Police Assitance line..

whats the go with that....
Insist on speaking to the duty sargent(copper with three stripes in charge of the station at the time of reporting) and tell the fat bugger what the hell is going on with the incident and between you and copper behind the front desk.
I fell for you, it's a frustrating situ that everybody dreads to be in.
Also if you put in a claim with your insurance company they will do the investigating for you, in other words they need to pin some one to cop the cost of repairs that you are claiming against.

Go get em tiger! :
Gauntster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #44
stiddy
Banned

OMFG< YOU WONT ING BELIEVE IT...

My mate reversed into my car about 15mins ago......... same bloody side as the postie scratches and stuff...

Is my car invisible?!!??!

what the hell is going on......

now the rear door is all bent in and crunched up with red paint from his Honda...

Im gonna get it painted Bright Yellow so you cant miss it next..

this is a bloody joke..
Old 13-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #45
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your kidding!!! sorry to hear about more damage to your car.
Sounds like it might be parked in a awkward spot.. are you able to park it somewhere else on your property away potential damage??

at least the damage is on the same panel that the post office is paying for..
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #46
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
SNIP... Good luck,but it is Australia Post so don't expect things to happen overnight.
AHAHAHA That summed Aus Post up in 1 go!

Hope you gave your mate a slap over the back of the head...

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
argonEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino3o2
Great work mate! yep....get some pricey quotes and make them pay up....
Yes a great idea - screw the insurance system for all of us why dont you.

This annoys me a lot. People make mistakes and hell yes they should be taken to task to ensure it is fixed, if it were my car Id be doing exactly what you are too, but getting expensive quotes deliberately just because it is a large company you're dealing with - whats the point? All it means is in the long run, the more people that do stuff like that send everybody's insurance premiums upward, and at the end of the day you still end up with a repaired car, which is a fair and reasonable outcome.

As for it being hit again - if I were you I think I'd be looking to sell the car :.
Old 14-11-2005, 07:46 AM   #48
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

Quote:
yes i saw him do it!
i was laying in bed and when i heard him i got up to look out the window to see if he would stop and deliver anything or keep going.. as i do every morning..
and yeah i saw him grind up the side of my car..

and by the time i was half decent to go outside he was gone..

Does he do the same route everyday?? Just : him off his bike and make it known to him that you know he did it and it is under investigation... tell him you have a witness aswell, he doesn`t need to know you don`t.. bluff him see what he does or says

Sorry to hear it to man.. sucks when people have no respect..especially in shopping centres :
Old 14-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #49
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Good luck,but it is Australia Post so don't expect things to happen overnight.

Well unless he wants it lost in the post.........
Old 14-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #50
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77
Your kidding!!! sorry to hear about more damage to your car.
Sounds like it might be parked in a awkward spot.. are you able to park it somewhere else on your property away potential damage??

at least the damage is on the same panel that the post office is paying for..

nope its not in an awkward spot, i was at a mates house when he hit my car.. i siad to him do you want me to move it so you can reverse out and he said nah theres heaps of room i'll be right, walk inside for 2 mins and bang..
and when its parked at my house the postie goes past it every day, and has done for so many months now without problems..

whats next.......... not having alot of luck at the moment..
Old 14-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #51
BlackLS

Just watch out mate, bad luck happens in 3's
Old 14-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #52
stiddy
Banned

I think this is the 3rd, Mt druitt where they kicked and spat on my car, The postie running up side of my car, and now my mate reversing into it..
Old 14-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #53
BlackLS

Mt Druitt? tell me more?
Old 14-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #54
stiddy
Banned

went to Mt Druitt Marketplace quickly to get some shopping.. was inside for no longer than 20mins, get back out to the car, there is spit all over the bonnet and windscreen, and a dent just above the rear wheel on the arch from someone kicking it.. mine wasnt the only car though, there was about 4 or 5 others that had spit all over them and dents and stuff..
Old 14-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #55
BlackLS

F'n retards. I almost had the same thing with my mate in his NA fairlane, we were sitting in a Maccas carpark just came out the drivethru, a kid rides up and puts his bike down in the middle of the exit (only way out) then a group of about 15 people of islander/native desent run down an escarpment and surround the car. My mate was half reversed out when they got to the car. They were kicking the doors and jumping up to sit on the boot lid and roof. My mate sees an opening in front of him and floors it... but the cars in reverse. We feel a thud behind us and a "arrrghhh F!!!", throws it to Drive, sideways outs the carpark running over the frame of the bike. They ended up cracking a window as well by throwing a bottle of Beam as we were speeding to the cop shop.
Old 14-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #56
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

I was in a carpark 1 day when i had my hilux and some kids put their bikes down in the middle of the road...... I walked over and asked them to move them.. i don`t think they knew i had my 4wd so they told me to get fcked.. i walked away smiling and drove over them
Old 14-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #57
gozza

man....all these deros....this may seem a bit generalised but i can't help but picture the types of parents that inhibite these vile creatures.....no respect for anything....anything of vaule is a target because these people must have a goods life etc etc....what can you do tho when 15 punks have your car surrounded.....only thing that seems approriate is risking a few dings in the cross member as you crush there feeble existance in an instance
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #58
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_XR6
I was in a carpark 1 day when i had my hilux and some kids put their bikes down in the middle of the road...... I walked over and asked them to move them.. i don`t think they knew i had my 4wd so they told me to get fcked.. i walked away smiling and drove over them

Oh that is so gold!!!
Old 14-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #59
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
F'n retards. I almost had the same thing with my mate in his NA fairlane, we were sitting in a Maccas carpark just came out the drivethru, a kid rides up and puts his bike down in the middle of the exit (only way out) then a group of about 15 people of islander/native desent run down an escarpment and surround the car. My mate was half reversed out when they got to the car. They were kicking the doors and jumping up to sit on the boot lid and roof. My mate sees an opening in front of him and floors it... but the cars in reverse. We feel a thud behind us and a "arrrghhh F!!!", throws it to Drive, sideways outs the carpark running over the frame of the bike. They ended up cracking a window as well by throwing a bottle of Beam as we were speeding to the cop shop.
Then what happened??!! ya cant stop the story there!! I need closure :
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #60
Matty_XR6
New XR owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
Oh that is so gold!!!

I thought so when i looked back and the frames and rims were buckled LOL
I had huge tyres on the Lux to hehehe