Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #61
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: VFacts for December 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Any FPV figures yet?
We don't usually get them until mid January and given the changes this year I am still trying to track down who is actually compiling them!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #62
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've added the annual summary and comments to the Tech portal now

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Thanks Russell,

Falcon and Focus have now effectively switched places in terms of sales.

Back in 2011 - Falcon scores 18,741 sales while Focus had 12,863 sales

While in 2012 - Falcon scores 14,036 sales while Focus had 18,586 sales
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #64
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
That is exactly Ford's and Holden's problem, they still think it is 1994.

Speaking of 1994, a cheap flight between Melbourne and Sydney was $700, and a nice house was $100,000. Comparing prices to 1994 is moronic, it is 2013 where a Mazda 3 is 20 grand and a 7 seater diesel 4wd can be yours for 40 grand. A Falcon or Commodore should be smack bang in the middle of those prices.
100 grand for a nice house in '94? I remember when my parents sold their place in Hawthorn in 1990, it went for about 400 grand. Maybe the recession of the early 90s had an impact on house prices, for example, a large house in Toorak in 1993 cost only 600 grand, whereas today you'd be looking at about $3M.

Also, were airfares really that much? That's $700 round-trip I'm assuming? Blame Qantas I guess for using their stupid fuel guzzling 747s on domestic flights.. idiotic.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #65
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
What, like a Mazda 3?
I said little. Like a Polo.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #66
Peter Macaulay
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: VFacts for December 2012

Thanks Russell for the great run down on the year's sales. Is it possible, however for you to record the sales figures as you have done in the past showing all models? I like you really take an interest in studying the car market and it would be nice to know how some of the smaller players are going.
Peter Macaulay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #67
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Macaulay View Post
Thanks Russell for the great run down on the year's sales. Is it possible, however for you to record the sales figures as you have done in the past showing all models? I like you really take an interest in studying the car market and it would be nice to know how some of the smaller players are going.
I'm working on that one (the segment summary) currently - it takes about a day and a half to compile it and I ran out of time yesterday.

Should be up either this evening or tomorrow evening.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #68
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I've uploaded the segment statistics for 2012 now into the tech portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #69
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The truck sales data has also been uploaded now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #70
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

.. and finally the Supplementary Stats for December are now applauded too.

Cheers
russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #71
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great work Russell, but would you know the total figure of ecoboost falcons sold for 2012?
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #72
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
YAWWWWN
Get over yourself.

Are the 1915 people that bought a Focus in December sheep?
The i30 owners? The Navara, etc? They're all sheep too?

So if Falcon sold 5000 cars next month are those owners sheep, I mean why wouldn't they be?
Incidentally, this is a FORD forum mate. An australian one at that.

I think its safe to assume that his post was taking the mickey out of what seems to be current trends in Australian motoring.

Take a chill pill for petes sake.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #73
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
Incidentally, this is a FORD forum mate. An australian one at that.

I think its safe to assume that his post was taking the mickey out of what seems to be current trends in Australian motoring.

Take a chill pill for petes sake.
Thank you captain obvious for pointing out the forum title

Actually if you have seen that user's posts in other threads relating to the Mazda 3 product you'd understand the reasoning behind my post. It isn't a one off.

My point was to understand how does he define those buyers as sheep and why not to other buyers from the top 10?
Also would the term sheep have been used back when the Falcodore were occupying spots 1 and 2? If they were now, would the buyers be sheep?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #74
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Thank you captain obvious for pointing out the forum title

Actually if you have seen that user's posts in other threads relating to the Mazda 3 product you'd understand the reasoning behind my post. It isn't a one off.

My point was to understand how does he define those buyers as sheep and why not to other buyers from the top 10?
Also would the term sheep have been used back when the Falcodore were occupying spots 1 and 2? If they were now, would the buyers be sheep?
Youre welcome, I endeavour to make apparent the obvious to those whom lack the foresight.

If you could ignore previous posts by said user, and only calculate based on the context in this thread, you would see the light-heartedness of it.
My point is, to take peoples OPINIONS with a grain of salt, not as the definitive gospel of their very morality.

And no, the term "sheep" would not be used for a "falcon" vehicle. Simply because of the very forum we are posting in, funnily enough....
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #75
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Thank you for proving my point
Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #76
prydey
Rob

actually the term 'sheep' could be used for any number of the top 5 or so cars. i believe the term refers to people who blindly follow the popular choice even though it may not be the best option. as products gain popularity, people blindly follow with the thinking that if its popular it must be ok.

so, although sometimes it seems like anyone not buying a falcon is accused of being a sheep, i think the term is a valid one considering most of the top 5 cars are not considered by the auto industry as 'best in class' vehicles.

i had a 'discussion' with my g'ma recently with her claiming that corolla's were the best cars because decades ago her late husband worked for a company that had a few of then and they didn't have any problems. now how can you argue with that sort of logic?? ( i did try)

this is the world we live in.

another can of worms, but i believe apple is another case in point (products that are popular but not necessarily the best on the market).
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #77
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I don't as they aren't reported separately however I have asked for a breakdown of Falcon model and engine variant mix so hopefully we'll get that information soon.

Cheers
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Great work Russell, but would you know the total figure of ecoboost falcons sold for 2012?

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #78
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
actually the term 'sheep' could be used for any number of the top 5 or so cars. i believe the term refers to people who blindly follow the popular choice even though it may not be the best option. as products gain popularity, people blindly follow with the thinking that if its popular it must be ok.
That is absolutely spot on, and I continue to single out the Mazda 3 because of the sheer numbers compared to other cars in the top 5, when imo the product is not worthy of those numbers.

Last edited by stevz; 12-01-2013 at 11:28 PM.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post