Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #11191
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGX, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Which colour did you go for mate?
Went for manual smoke, options were the metallic paint and tinted widows!

I know it should look good, but you always have that niggle worry not being able to see it in the metal- hope it looks good......

Last edited by asagaai; 22-11-2014 at 08:26 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #11192
peaterj
Donating Member

Went to 3 dealers in Adelaide today for a look at the new models.

Rebel Ford had an XR6 on display out the front, supposed to be getting a kinetic XR8 in soon.

Maughan Thiem had a G6ET in the showroom, XR8 coming soon ..already sold ,no more until March.

Stillwell had a base model out the back nothing on display , are supposed to be getting a white XR8 auto in on tuesday as their display car.
peaterj is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #11193
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

I know it should look good, but you always have that niggle worry not being able to see it in the metal- hope it looks good......
I work for one of the other dealers in the group, how long until you get it.?
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #11194
Tbm1121

Quote:

Should be coming soon from what I hear? Any idea when? Do you mind if I take a look before you pick it up?
Old 22-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #11195
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Should be coming soon from what I hear? Any idea when? Do you mind if I take a look before you pick it up?
I missed the first run of 5 XR8's that your group got in, due December, I got in first for the second run of XR8's, which are going to be due for March I am told.

I am told that there is a smoke coming in shortly for the first run. Do not know if it is a manual.

You are more than welcome to come for a run in March when I pick mine up- two of the guys from the Hamilton branch want to give it a run given its a manual- I know a certain uhmm -"circuit "close to town where I can tickle the devil...
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #11196
Tbm1121

Quote:
I missed the first run of 5 XR8's that your group got in, due December, I got in first for the second run of XR8's, which are going to be due for March I am told.

I am told that there is a smoke coming in shortly for the first run. Do not know if it is a manual.

You are more than welcome to come for a run in March when I pick mine up- two of the guys from the Hamilton branch want to give it a run given its a manual- I know a certain uhmm -"circuit "close to town where I can tickle the devil...
I thought yours might have been that first one, I have sold two kinetic autos and one vanish manual, I'm not sure on the smoke but I think it may be auto as the vanish was the only manual in the first allocation from memory, also have a victory gold auto coming that appears to be not sold yet. Why don't you chuck it into king Edward, do the hill climb when they run it
This user likes this post:
Old 22-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #11197
Lunch
Wait, what?

Haha, na i didnt want the fiesta, i just went and had a look, im currently driving a fg mk2 xr6t ute, would only upgrade/update for a v8 ute
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #11198
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One point that hasnt been mentioned is the little dimple on the fuel flap, im not sure why they bothered?
It was perfectly fine without one.

PS. I had a wander round and a sit in "XBv8mmm!" (Garry) XR8 yesterday, many thanks mate! So fresh it still had the dimples on the tyres!
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.

Last edited by XR Martin; 22-11-2014 at 09:47 PM.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #11199
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
the front is spot on, im not sure how the VF in the previous pics looks better? The VF looks more at home in the first couple fast'n'furious movies

The rear of the falcon is really wrong imo. Something about that chrome trim joining the tailights together might be the culprit. Colour coding it improves things, but then starts to look like the old mondeo's. Not fixable i think.
I think the reason the backend looks a bit "different" is because the front end of the car has a lot of sharp angular lines while the rear is a lot more rounded... a side effect of cars that only get a front and rear re-design.

Saw an XR6 (Victory Gold) at my dealer this week and they definitely look better in person.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #11200
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

was going through a regional town today and stopped to have a look at an FGX they had out the front. Just an XR6 N/A, in Victory. Not bad overall but the last picture shows the sharp, flat angle of the front that i still don't like at all.

Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #11201
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
One point that hasnt been mentioned is the little dimple on the fuel flap, im not sure why they bothered?

PS. I had a wander round and a sit in "XBv8mmm!" (Garry) XR8 yesterday, many thanks mate! So fresh it still had the dimples on the tyres!
I noticed that on an FGII today, so must have been a running change a while ago along with the bee sting aerial.

I also thought it looked a little odd.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #11202
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post

Helps the simple people. On dads g6et mum used to stick the key in the panel gap and pry the door open. Dad caught her one day and sledged they crap out of her. Sad part is, is that mum is extremely bright
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #11203
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Spotto

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #11204
adz193
EL XR6

Went to 2 dealers today and spoke to them about a manual xr6 with lux pack... first dealer had one car, no brochures and the salesman was a flog!

Onto the next one had 6 cars, 4 in showroom and 2 outside and the salesman was great. Took an auto standard XR6 for a spin and was impressed! Love the way these things look... smoke with lux pack looks so classy! Although received quite a shock when told at the first dealer, then backed up at the 2nd that i'd be up for 44k for what I wanted :(

Navy 97' EL XR8
Factory manual | Tickford kit | Pacemakers + Full exhaust
adz193 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #11205
GT014

I mentioned months ago when I saw a preproduction that the front is flat and not the best looking falcon. The xr8 bulge help a little but the others look wrong.
The rear on the the other hand looks amazing.
Had a sit in a xr8 and xr6 today, the little,changes to the interior make it feel a little different. I definitely wouldn't upgrade from a fg2 to the Fgx unless it was the xr8
Old 22-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #11206
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

44k?!?!!?!!
Old 22-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #11207
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz193 View Post
Went to 2 dealers today and spoke to them about a manual xr6 with lux pack... first dealer had one car, no brochures and the salesman was a flog!

Onto the next one had 6 cars, 4 in showroom and 2 outside and the salesman was great. Took an auto standard XR6 for a spin and was impressed! Love the way these things look... smoke with lux pack looks so classy! Although received quite a shock when told at the first dealer, then backed up at the 2nd that i'd be up for 44k for what I wanted :(
Negotiate....
Old 22-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #11208
adz193
EL XR6

Quote:
Negotiate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
44k?!?!!?!!
I couldn't believe it nearly fell over... that's second hand early 335 gt money! List price is like 34,490 or something then 4g for lux pack, then 2g for dealer delivery which is the biggest load of crap! Then rego, stamp duty and all of that jazz and there's 44 grand...

Navy 97' EL XR8
Old 22-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #11209
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let the Gouging begin.....

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #11210
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

No one will buy them at that price.
Old 22-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #11211
Tbm1121

Quote:
I couldn't believe it nearly fell over... that's second hand early 335 gt money! List price is like 34,490 or something then 4g for lux pack, then 2g for dealer delivery which is the biggest load of crap! Then rego, stamp duty and all of that jazz and there's 44 grand...
It's brand new pre release, talk to them and start trying to get them to bring it down, which state are you in?
Old 22-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #11212
adz193
EL XR6

Quote:
It's brand new pre release, talk to them and start trying to get them to bring it down, which state are you in?
I'm in Vic... Yes I understand that and do take it into account it's a new model but can't see the price dropping dramatically for at least 6 months if not more, to an amount i'd even consider to be reasonable... let's say around 40k! If it wasn't for those sh***y green p plates in my window i'd be in that second hand early 335 GT!

Navy 97' EL XR8
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #11213
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Find another $12k and get the XR8. You wont loose that money because it will always be worth that much more than a rental spec XR6

Old 22-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #11214
Tbm1121

Quote:
I'm in Vic... Yes I understand that and do take it into account it's a new model but can't see the price dropping dramatically for at least 6 months if not more, to an amount i'd even consider to be reasonable... let's say around 40k! If it wasn't for those sh***y green p plates in my window i'd be in that second hand early 335 GT!
What's on roads costs in Victoria? Ill have a look for you and see what they're doing, it seems very high for a standard xr6
Old 22-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #11215
adz193
EL XR6

Quote:
What's on roads costs in Victoria? Ill have a look for you and see what they're doing, it seems very high for a standard xr6
Wouldn't have a clue! Agreed is damn high even if it is with the lux pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Find another $12k and get the XR8. You wont loose that money because it will always be worth that much more than a rental spec XR6
On P's for another 2 years... otherwise yeah probably would have dropped a deposit on one already

Navy 97' EL XR8
Old 22-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #11216
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the XR8 is P-plate exempt

Old 22-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #11217
adz193
EL XR6

Surely it's a mistake... has to be!

Navy 97' EL XR8
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #11218
Tbm1121

Quote:
Surely it's a mistake... has to be!

Whaaaaat!!! Jump on that if you can!!!!
Old 22-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #11219
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was taking the ****, didnt realise it was true

Old 22-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #11220
Lunch
Wait, what?

Do they not have power/weight ratio anymore?
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post