Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
XR6 Hulk

Default Do SS owners walk with a little jink in their step

I was at the Petrol station filling up when a nice dark blue VZ SS pulled in. The guy got out and had a strange jink in his step, he looked at me and had a smug look on his face too. Like he was thinking, if you try anything funny, ive got you covered. (I was in my 300rwkw XR6T).

Do SS drivers think they are carrying around the biggest guns? Any other SS drivers you know with that jink in their step..

Old 20-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

lol one of my clients drives a VZ SS, shes 25 and a woman with attitude, she can drive and her SS sounds better then my Super Pursuit, but not forever.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 20-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
Scott

lol, you'll need to address your inferiority complex before you think the same thing about Prius drivers
Old 20-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

It's due to the lobotomy
Old 20-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

i was filling up once in my pursuit when a new vz maloo park beside me and he was acting the same way as your mate. so without hesitation i said mate thats a top looking s-pac ute you got. then he said that he has 297kw comparred to my standard 290, i told that mine is supercharged and it is make close to 400rwkw's and he still reckon he could flog me. then he told me that his was close to 500 at the tyre's with a standard system. what a ****er
Old 20-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't think so
Old 20-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #7
XR6 Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
lol one of my clients drives a VZ SS, shes 25 and a woman with attitude, she can drive and her SS sounds better then my Super Pursuit, but not forever.
she has that jink for sure. any more out there. this thread could have as many posts as there are SS's
Old 20-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
i was filling up once in my pursuit when a new vz maloo park beside me and he was acting the same way as your mate. so without hesitation i said mate thats a top looking s-pac ute you got. then he said that he has 297kw comparred to my standard 290, i told that mine is supercharged and it is make close to 400rwkw's and he still reckon he could flog me. then he told me that his was close to 500 at the tyre's with a standard system. what a ****er
Hmm reminds me of a guy i was talking to at the servo in a stock VS who said to me "nice grandpa car" (EL XR6). I then pointed out the fact he has a stock VS to his response was i have a 400 RWKW (Yes, rear wheel kw) WRX that's manual and runs low 8's on street tyres... Hmm riiight...
Old 20-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

funny you bring this up....Was talking today about the number of time i cop comments at the station. It's generally from holden drivers, and generally along the lines of "you stupid **** why have go gone and stuffed up a perfectly good ute, you can't even use the tray with the roll bar bolted to the hard top like that" generally followed by mumbling as they walk off.

Always worth a laugh, as it does generally seem to be people who drive holden utes.
Old 20-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
XR6 Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR6
Hmm reminds me of a guy i was talking to at the servo in a stock VS who said to me "nice grandpa car" (EL XR6). I then pointed out the fact he has a stock VS to his response was i have a 400 RWKW (Yes, rear wheel kw) WRX that's manual and runs low 8's on street tyres... Hmm riiight...
hes got the jink in his step too. When they drive, they must think in their heads....hmmm life doesnt get better than this. This is what its all about baby.

A guy at my gym has a stock VR SS. He just has half the exhaust missing and he says it runs low 12s.

I dont have anything against SS's or holdens, they are good cars too but some of the drivers get some sort of fever when they buy one, "causes the jink in their steps" the smart remarks at petrol stations etc..

Last edited by XR6 Hulk; 20-12-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 20-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #11
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Me and some mates were going for a cruise to bathurst to do a lap of the track. I was in a very nice LH SLR Torana with a mate and we had two other brock commodores with us. Anyway we were filling up the torana at a bathurst servo and so goofy looking fella in a old run down VL started talking to us. He started by saying "Nice rig there mate" as if that wasn't funny enough he started talking crap about how modified his car was. Poor fella had no idea hahaha. He started up his commodore which sounded like the exhaust was cut off near the diff. We laughed and fired up the torana (at the time running fully worked 253 with nice loud exhaust). He just looked at us in a dirty way and drove off.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 20-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #12
JONESY_XR6
Done that,Got the t-shirt

HAHAHA! I totally agree. IGNORANCE IS BLISS In the eyes of a holden driver!
Old 20-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #13
HOON69
Banned

tell you i have a few SS owner mates and they all claim they are just superior to anything and everything,some own VX VY's but the hilarious ones are my mates with the 185I or 215 engines,they always get whooped by the I6's for some reason :

they are nice and got balls but i watched one mate got wiped by a nice clean S15 with 300RWKWS that bought him down a peg or two :
Old 20-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
JONESY_XR6
Done that,Got the t-shirt

Yeah rodgie..I have a passion for all cars..From imports s13,s14 and s15 ye old fairlady z's.and you cant beat the sound put out by the boxer engine but fords keep me going.id love an xr6t but insurence dont like any1 under 25.lol :
Old 20-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #15
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
LMFAO

I haven't had that much trouble with LS1/2 SS drivers but the old 5.0L crew act like they own the world. Should seen one guys face when he was blown of by a chick in a Laser YEP a Laser whats more it wasn't even a TX3 and there was money riding on it.

I have a mate with a VY SS ute who "apparently" is getting a supercharger AND quad turbos running 30psi. When I asked him what pistons he was getting and got offended saying something about the LS1 can run 1500hp without internal upgrades.

I dunno. The LS1 is probly a strong motor but I would probly upgrade internals if it's gunna run 30psi.
Old 20-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #16
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a few guys with SS's but none of the have a "Jink in their Step" (I really dont know what it really mans though) I find more common in the standard Commos and Calais'.
Old 20-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #17
rapom1

I would have thought that anyone who walked with a jink in their step, or displayed any other physical idiosyncricity for that matter, as a result of their vehicle of choice. Could perhaps also be suffering from small penisitis.
Old 20-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #18
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont get comments at servos.. everyone checks out my car and thinks its nice tho..
but i think its coz its a fairlane and not your standard falcon etc..

even get AMG drivers checkin it out hehe

but i do agree commo drivers think their gods gift for some reason..
Old 20-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #19
xwgasaxe
under new management

The best one I had was from a guy in his late 50's in a VS V6 commo and he comes up saying" Mate I dig your car, I had one of those back in the 70's and my missus made me sell it, Bl00dy women, Don't ever sell it"

I agreed with him and left feeling good about life!!!
Old 20-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive never actually bothered looking at other people at servo's and trying to work out either what they're thinking, looking at or trying to be..... i normally just fill my car up with petrol, pay for it and just drive off........ :

Old 20-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Never had any bad experiences with SS or HSV drivers..

My XR8 is usually very clean and the paint is in pretty good condition so i used to get complements about how nice i kept it and how well i have done for my age, i'd agree, thank them and ask how their SS/HSV was...

Nope... no bad experiences here.
Old 20-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #22
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always get the evil eye from the 5L crew, occasionaly they'l say somthing like F'ing grandpa car.

But when you blow their doors off at the lights they don't offtern line me up again :p

That or after I back off they'l come flying past me 10 seconds later acting like they're awesome.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 20-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
XR6 Hulk

I wouldnt be surprised if an SS driver jumped out of his car like Vin diesel and spread his arms out like in fast and the furious and expected everyone to clap.

Ill tell you watch out for them next time your at a servo. they definately have a jink in their step.
Old 20-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #24
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that would be a great sight! lol
Old 20-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

At least it's an original Holden bashing thread. A jink in their step?! : For the record, I walked exactly the same when I had an SS as I do now that I own an XR8.
Old 20-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #26
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
At least it's an original Holden bashing thread. A jink in their step?! : For the record, I walked exactly the same when I had an SS as I do now that I own an XR8.
STILL WITH A JINK?!?!!

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
Old 20-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
Scott

^^jinker.....
Old 20-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #28
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Maybe it's not a jink. Possible sore nono from relationship preferences if you get my drift :
Old 20-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #29
XR6 Hulk

haha your killin me

Let me define a jink in your step. Its when you have something or built something you are so so proud of. You walk with a little extra spring in your step. NExt time your at the servo look for the smug looks on the SS drivers faces
Old 20-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #30
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Hulk
I was at the Petrol station filling up when a nice dark blue VZ SS pulled in. The guy got out and had a strange jink in his step, he looked at me and had a smug look on his face too. Like he was thinking, if you try anything funny, ive got you covered. (I was in my 300rwkw XR6T).

Do SS drivers think they are carrying around the biggest guns? Any other SS drivers you know with that jink in their step..
if i were you . i would 've went to pay after filling up , with a double jink and a hop. and a bit of head wobble as well. with a fonzy smile and 2 thumbs up. heeeeeeyyy !!!
Closed Thread