Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
xfsound
Starter Motor

Post constiency in the legal system?

Hi

first off, im 17 and have had my drivers license for 6 months.

i owned a old 1990 xf ute for my first car, slow as anything, had no mods done to it, never touched by the cops, just the way ii wanted it to be.

during the xmas holidays coming back from the beach at bullli NSW, i got in a mates car (little rice burner TX3 laser). drove up the road and got flashed by a speed camera, looked down to check my speed and was shocked to see i was doin 75 in a 60 zone.

recieved the fine the other day after it went to my mates mum first,

i got 6 dermit points and a 79 dollar fine. i looked at getting the ssue delt with in court but after doin some research i realised i was better off taken it on the chin.

yesterday i was late to getting to the train station, parked in a different spot from usual. when i got back to the the station at night i found a parking fine on my window. parking in a 15 min bay for longer then 15 mins

but funny thing is that also was a 79 dollar fine, i thought this was wierd or maybe even a mistake, so again i done research and found out this was the right amount

Some answers which i would like to get out of posting this thread

1: how can a parking fine and speeding fine be the same penalty,

i realise a speeding car can cause serious damage, serious injury and even deaths on the road

but ive never heard of a parked car causing a death due to the fact that it was parked there for to long

2: whilst researching to have my speeding fine delt with in court, i noticed something

my fine was $79, the court hearing would take min 30 mins max 1 hour, at the court there needs to be a magistrate, 2 clerks(not sure if thats the right name) a police representive, and a lawyer for the police

There is no possible way that the cost of having all this man power can equal the cost of my fine let alone the court room costs.

In need of some answers
Spurry

Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I cannot comment on the cost of the fines, however I think you will find that the speeding fine is your relavent states department of transport, and the parking fine will be the local council.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Bingo Yaw, parking fines are enforced by the local council
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Whats constiency?
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

You get a $130 fine if you turn without indicating... Even if no one else is on the road... happened to my mate 2 nights ago...

I think its the points difference... Also, depends on the type of "illegal parking" you do... ie, No Stopping/Standing/P15/P5... etc... All have different fine levels...
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

The state goverment reduced the cost of the fine to sho it wasn't revenue raising but incresed the points? May have been double dermit points weekend?

Thats because they get hit hard from the public that there only out to revenue raise. Where your local council wouldn't be, because i'm sure not as many people are done parking longer then they should, so they get away with keeping thier fines high.

I say your lucky with the speeding fine, as I think it may have just be redueced to prove the above point, but on the other hand, that kind of speed for a P Plater here in Victoria, could cost you more like $220 instead of $79.

You are correct in saying that parking longer then you should won't hurt/kill anyone, so why cost the same, but if you weigh the dermit points into then, 6 points, when you only have 5 (P Plater in Vic) will cost you public transport costs for the next 6 months. If not more...

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.Tuddy
Where your local council wouldn't be, because i'm sure not as many people are done parking longer then they should, so they get away with keeping thier fines high.
They get heaps I'm sure, have you ever seen Today Tonight?
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just be glad you're not in Victoria! The fine's down here are quite steep!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

6 points on P's and I think you are walking...
Good luck...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
Conrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
You get a $130 fine if you turn without indicating... Even if no one else is on the road... happened to my mate 2 nights ago...

I think its the points difference... Also, depends on the type of "illegal parking" you do... ie, No Stopping/Standing/P15/P5... etc... All have different fine levels...
the cop car tailing me today didn't indicate when changing lanes. i should have pinged him
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What does the fine value have to do with the cost of court? :

You lose in court you pay the court costs plus the fine.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post