Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default Classic Car Hire - Brissy

As the title suggests..

Short story.. I have a little 3 1/2 year old boy who is obsessed with "cool cars", a cool car in his eyes is anything older then about 1980! He spots a classic from a mile away and always lets out a massive "daaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd a cool carrrrrrrrrrr!" yell every time he sees one, and if had his way we'd follow them until they reached their destination!

So I went looking to see if I could find something that I could hire for a day to take him for a cruise; just down to the beach, to the park for a play etc etc. I managed to find a Mustang convertible, and a XY/XW that I can hire for about $500 for 24 hours. I am happy to pay that for 24 hours, but the problem is these don't really appeal to me! After all, I am the one forking out the cash

Anyone know of a hire place in Brisbane that might be able to help? I am not overly fussy but would love something a little "different", big, and must have a V8! I am NOT after a Chauffeur driven vehicle, my son is mildly autistic and he is often very unsettled around strangers.. The car would need to have a carseat anchor point which may be my biggest hurdle...

I have spent an hour or so on google but I can't find anything that suits (ok, well found nothing that interests me!)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Cam

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Classic Car Hire - Brissy

I don't know of such a company (not to say there isn't one)

But when I first got bitten by the bug again I started going to a few shows and rod runs.

Then I went to the CRAKK run and met a guy I'd only ever conversd with on oz e rodders, he introduced me to his mate who had a problem he needed help with, would you believe it he had 2 cars at the run and his wife didn't want to go on the cruise so how was he going to get his blown 32 pick up and his blown Tudor to the show and shine? (he wanted to sell the pick up and the SS was a good place to try) any how I didn't even know this guys name but my son and I were cruzin through Canberra in a blown dodge pick up.

Mate put your self out there you'll meet people make friends you young bloke will love it and I'll wager that before long youll be cruzin with the young bloke even if your not driving it wound be with a stranger so your son will be fine

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There us to be a place on Brekky Creek RD Newstead City bound that done something similar and for the life of me I can not remember the name of it or if it still there.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

Mate put your self out there you'll meet people make friends you young bloke will love it and I'll wager that before long youll be cruzin with the young bloke even if your not driving it wound be with a stranger so your son will be fine
I do understand where you're coming from and I do agree. But in my current circumstances I am about to head off traveling OZ with my little boy, so was moreso just looking for something I could just hire for the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strike GT
There us to be a place on Brekky Creek RD Newstead City bound that done something similar and for the life of me I can not remember the name of it or if it still there.
Thanks, will look into it!

Otherwise, I think I will hire the convertible stang from a place i found on the net
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post