Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Default Bruce highway crash

Did anyone see or hear about the highspeed crash on the bruce highway? I think aford was racing a bmw.THE FORD CRASHED killing the driver. The car was incinerated. Apparently a third car was involved. The police are still looking for the bmw driver. :1syellow1
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

And the reason for the jumping happy smilie?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

The Bruce Highway is pretty looong.
How abouts, where about on the road did it happen?

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

im sure there is a witness to the carnage.
Old 21-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Just saw it on the news, from what I gather the ford and bmw were racing, ford guy hits an oncoming car which was a vy and killed the lady passager and the male driver is fighting for his life. The ford was incinerated along with its driver. It looked like an AU and may have been an xr from the mags i saw.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 03:11 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

To be draggin a BMW it may have been an XR8 I saw it, the rims were aftermarket.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 06:48 AM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I feel I'm in better position than anyone to comment here, since it happened about 2 minutes up the road.

Yes, there was a Falcon dragging a BMW. Going down that side of the mountain here, it merges into one lane just as the hill descends. Obviously he had no disregard for the people around him, went to make a stupid move, and the road is not in good condition, there are pothole fill-ins, deviations in the surface of the road, about three different surfaces. It's no surprise to me that he ended up losing control, hit the innocent person going north, apparantly launched 5 metres into the air, hit a tree and burst into flames.

I commend the people who were in the Hilux who tried to save the occupants of the Commodore. They went out of their way to help, and unfortunately, as most of you know, the lady passenger lost her life and the driver is in serious condition.

The runoff of water you get going down the mountain is tremendous, considering we've had about 50mm of rain the past two days. I've seen people aquaplane along the top there, simply because of the amount of water on the road.

I'm putting this down to lunacy and idiocy. Anyone who has driven through Black Mountain before would know that you just don't do stupid things like that.

Finally, I'm going to say this, and it may cause many disagreements, but the Falcon driver got what was coming to him, and I hope the BMW driver gets some balls about him and comes forward and faces the people who are relatives of the people in the Commodore and see what he's done to wreck their lives...

:
Old 21-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Oh, Danny, it wasn't an XR8. It was a plain Forte/Futura... Heaps of AU owners here change their wheels, and nothing else.
Old 21-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its drivers like those dickheads that we dont need on our roads. The amount of times people risk their own lives and that of others is just plain stupid all over ONE SPOT AHEAD FFS. Its just a shame that anyone had to die especially as a result of someone elses stupidity.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 08:35 AM   #10
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Hey Kenny, Here, Here! I agree with all that was said. People that race on public roads with others around are asking for trouble.
Old 21-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
I feel I'm in better position than anyone to comment here, since it happened about 2 minutes up the road.

Yes, there was a Falcon dragging a BMW. Going down that side of the mountain here, it merges into one lane just as the hill descends. Obviously he had no disregard for the people around him, went to make a stupid move, and the road is not in good condition, there are pothole fill-ins, deviations in the surface of the road, about three different surfaces. It's no surprise to me that he ended up losing control, hit the innocent person going north, apparantly launched 5 metres into the air, hit a tree and burst into flames.

I commend the people who were in the Hilux who tried to save the occupants of the Commodore. They went out of their way to help, and unfortunately, as most of you know, the lady passenger lost her life and the driver is in serious condition.

The runoff of water you get going down the mountain is tremendous, considering we've had about 50mm of rain the past two days. I've seen people aquaplane along the top there, simply because of the amount of water on the road.

I'm putting this down to lunacy and idiocy. Anyone who has driven through Black Mountain before would know that you just don't do stupid things like that.

Finally, I'm going to say this, and it may cause many disagreements, but the Falcon driver got what was coming to him, and I hope the BMW driver gets some balls about him and comes forward and faces the people who are relatives of the people in the Commodore and see what he's done to wreck their lives...

:
These idiots are killing our innocent friends and relatives almost everyday and they are us, we need to make the moves to bring about a change in our culture to make this kind of driving unthinkable.
Old 21-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is a very bad section of road. It has all the ingredients.

1) Only overtaking section for yonks.
2) Steep grades so when 4WDs try to overtake they cannot accellerate and frustrate normal vehicle drivers.
3) Two fairly major intesections (Pomona & Pioneer)
4) Both convergent ends are just over a rise on a reasonable downhill grade

It should have been improved ages ago but there are more important things in QLD (footy fields and walking bridges in the city)
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #13
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
That is a very bad section of road. It has all the ingredients.

1) Only overtaking section for yonks.
2) Steep grades so when 4WDs try to overtake they cannot accellerate and frustrate normal vehicle drivers.
3) Two fairly major intesections (Pomona & Pioneer)
4) Both convergent ends are just over a rise on a reasonable downhill grade

It should have been improved ages ago but there are more important things in QLD (footy fields and walking bridges in the city)
Yeah, that's it. The way it's been set out is very dangerous, especially if you want to turn into Black Mountain Road or Pioneer Road. You have two lanes of traffic doing 100-110km/h on both sides of you going in both directions. Like flappist said, both double lanes merge in single on downhill sections.

What if someone was to turn into either road, and you have d*ckheads flying up in the right lane and they lose control and hit the car waiting to turn?