Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Default FPV John Bowe track day

Lads,

Well I have just got back form the Perth FPV TracK day, and man what a blast. .

She was flawless and despite the 36C degree heat she went as smooth as a baby's bum. Only problem was when we (me and the instructor) were coming into Pit straight . She came on boost and boy...... that was it....... off into the grass we went..... what a rush.... : thats when he said.....bloody hell dont you have traction control on : : .

Drove her home in the traffic purring like a kitten...... but hell press the go pedal and she sure is feral..... Thanks to the Guys from John Bowe for a great day and I can recommend this to all the FPV owners..... well worth it. I learnt a lot ..... even us old dogs can learn a trick or two :hihi:

cheers

Peter

Last edited by Aussie_Geo; 06-02-2006 at 09:56 PM. Reason: mispeiilng
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

i'm going to oran park on the 20th march. hope it is good.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
bloody hell dont you have traction control on : :
Dude, would traction control even work with 720nm ? :

Sounds like a fun day out though !!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
Dude, would traction control even work with 720nm ? :

Sounds like a fun day out though !!
Your right on both counts fella. With this tune you do not want to have traction control on.... something will break...CV's or something so I just about always remember to turn it off every time I start.

As for the day..... it was both informative but most importantly Lots and lots of FUN :

These courses are great! And they sure gave me even more respect for my girl..... gently gently...... oh and yes the rear tyres now need replacing

cheers

Peter
Old 07-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Attended my FPV day August last year with the GT and had an absolute ball, so much so that I did the High Performance Day through John Bowe Driving Training the same week.

I am booked in for the FPV day in May with the Super Pursuit and again I will be doing the High Performance Day straight after - this time I will be doing both days with my partner which will make it even more funner! I highly recommend the driving training program because it certainly made me more confident with what my car was capable of and my ability to control unexpected situations. That and the fact that I got the chance to do a few 360 spins, put my car on the ripple strips and all in safe controlled conditions.
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i'm going to oran park on the 20th march. hope it is good.
I did oran park last may, you willl have a blast of a day. From skid pans, with trac control on & off. Witches hats down the main straight. ABS braking, etc through to track time. Be prepared to loose some rubber if you wish

enjoy tyhe day as it will go fast
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
F6 UTE
Banned

Glad you had a ball Aussie.

How did you go down the back straight?? We maxed out at around 190kph from memory.

Great day, and avery nice little track.
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
I did oran park last may, you willl have a blast of a day. From skid pans, with trac control on & off. Witches hats down the main straight. ABS braking, etc through to track time. Be prepared to loose some rubber if you wish

enjoy tyhe day as it will go fast
thanks mate . just what i need .
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
GTP-814
love the quad cams

we will be interested in your feedback once you have been.

Take your camera with you as there are some great cars there & the line us of GT's(p) is great
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Attended my FPV day August last year with the GT and had an absolute ball, so much so that I did the High Performance Day through John Bowe Driving Training the same week.

I am booked in for the FPV day in May with the Super Pursuit and again I will be doing the High Performance Day straight after - this time I will be doing both days with my partner which will make it even more funner! I highly recommend the driving training program because it certainly made me more confident with what my car was capable of and my ability to control unexpected situations. That and the fact that I got the chance to do a few 360 spins, put my car on the ripple strips and all in safe controlled conditions.
Girl,

You are absolutely right, both Simon and I are looking to do the advanced course....but hell.... as is normal the first one they have for WA is Nov...em...bloody .... der... cripes you over east dont know how good you got it..... :voldar02:

But then again the GURU of the typhoons lives in Perth : na ya na na :evil_laug. Yes and the bugger was there with his 400 kw beast...cripes what a unit that girl is. He blew the rest of us phoons off..... but hell the GT's and GT-P's just .... well .... sat and watched :evil_laug. Yes he has another cap.... :Up_to_som

Peter
Old 09-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #11
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
we will be interested in your feedback once you have been.

Take your camera with you as there are some great cars there & the line us of GT's(p) is great
good idea , might just do that.