Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
XRchic
Hello

Default Holdups with my car!!! GRRRRR!

My car is about to end its warranty. My 5th gear synchro had been playing up, so we thought that we should get it fixed before the warranty expires.

A few weeks ago we book it in. Take it in last Tuesday and they tell us it wont take too long, maybe a couple of days. The Mt Barker dealer contacts us to let us know that there are other problems with the gearbox which need fixing and they have to order parts from Melbourne. No problems with that.

They tell me it will be another day or two, Thursday at latest. However, there was a delay getting the part, so they tell us Friday late arvo.

They ring us Friday at 5pm to tell us that no, the car will not be ready. The parts only arrived lunch time Friday and they couldnt get it all fixed and assembled by that night, but it would be back Monday (today).

I rang them this morning to check when it would be ready and to organise how to get it. They told me that it will be ok to come and get it late today, after Eamon gets home to drive me there, while my 12 year old stays with our newborn son for half an hour (Ford dealership is 5 min from our house). The capsule is in MY car.

I organise this, but then I have just received a call from the dealership saying that the wrong part was ordered, that the 5th gear they received was actually one from an XR6T and therefore does not fit. They have to re-order the part from Melbourne and wait for that to arrive and rebuild it. They told me perhaps the next few days, depending on how long the part takes to arrive THIS TIME.

I am not happy, as we were supposed to go to a really good friend's (and my boss) 35th birthday party (her partner is into Fords and was keen to meet Eamon) and we could not go as we do not have a car with a capsule. Also we could not go out for Mother's Day because we had no car with capsule.

I have been stuck at home since last Tuesday morning, since I cannot go anywhere with my son, with no capsule (or car). I have literally not left the house since last Tuesday. I have not been able to go to the shops, pick up the kids, take the kids to the doc (they have been sick) but I thought at least it would be back tonight, in time for my Mum's birthday this week... but noooooo it seems I am going to be stuck home for a while yet.

I guess it is not the dealer's fault since they cant control parts coming in from interstate. But this morning they told me the gearbox was assembled and would be put in the car today... but this arvo they tell me that the part was all wrong... sounds strange.

Anyway, Im not happy. But they are the only dealer in Adelaide who will work on my car for warranty. :(

Grrrrrr.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find the gearbox may have been already installed into the car and the back end of it removed to fit the 5th gear sychro (not sure if this is the case with Falcons, but is not unusual for a RWD 5 speed). This would be why they told you it was in and ready to go, at least that's my guess. That sucks but you can't blame the dealer if it was the parts dept in Melbourne that stuffed up.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I think you'll find the gearbox may have been already installed into the car and the back end of it removed to fit the 5th gear sychro (not sure if this is the case with Falcons, but is not unusual for a RWD 5 speed). This would be why they told you it was in and ready to go, at least that's my guess. That sucks but you can't blame the dealer if it was the parts dept in Melbourne that stuffed up.
Yeah, that makes sense.

I agree, I dont really blame the dealer if the delay is caused by the parts being delayed/incorrect part sent from Melbourne. They dont have much control over that stuff I imagine.

I am just annoyed, generally...

Old 15-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know its a big step but maybe Eamons car should have capsule bolts fitted so it can be swapped. Calm now Eamon, calm.
Old 15-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why didn't they give you a loan car considering it was going to take a few days in the first place?
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ergh go to a dealer that gives you a loan car, they dont fix your car, they dont get their loan car back....

My dealer gives me a free loan SR everytime i visit, all i have to do is fuel it!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
460cixy
burn out king

seems odd where i am if its got a rooted gear box and its warranty we get a brand new one shiped over night from melb dont bother pulling them apart
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The loan car still doesn't address the capsule issue.
Old 15-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #9
XRchic
Hello

Yeah, I could have gotten a loan car if I wanted, but there was no point without a capsule. And apparently its a big deal these days to get a car fitted with the capsule as they have changed. Its not just a bolt. You have to get someone to fit it with some device and then you have to transfer the whole cradle thing over that the capsule sits in, which needs someone to do it who knows what they are doing. Not as simple as a car seat - the cradle is a lot more permanent.

Im now just thinking of all the things I cant do this week now... Cam's footy practice tomorrow night, Caitlin's netball practice Wed night... not to mention sitting at home all week AGAIN.

On the bright side, think of all the fuel I am not using at these prices!

Old 15-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Ergh go to a dealer that gives you a loan car, they dont fix your car, they dont get their loan car back....

My dealer gives me a free loan SR everytime i visit, all i have to do is fuel it!
Ergh, the loan car is not the problem as stated above...

Ergh, I cant go to another dealer, as this is the only one who will do warranty work on my car with its mods as stated above...

Old 15-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why not go to dealership, pick up capsule, and fit to other car, or get the dealer to fit to the other car??
Old 15-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Jac

That really isn't good, but just think how great it will be once you get it back...

sorry, trying to be positive for you...

Hope it doesn't take to much longer than they have said this time..

Good luck with it!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #13
HOON69
Banned

cars,dont you just love em.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On a positive note although the dealer has let you down a little saying it will be ready & that time blows out but its still better service than no warranty service from the other Adelaide Ford dealers. Have you tried to get warranty from all Adelaide Ford dealers with no joy? (apart from your dealer)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Ergh, the loan car is not the problem as stated above...

Ergh, I cant go to another dealer, as this is the only one who will do warranty work on my car with its mods as stated above...
Fair enough,

Still I would take the loan car option as atleast you dont need someone to pick you up from the dealership or drive you back there to pick up the car, makes life a bit easier.

As for the capsule I guess they are fitted that way for the safety of the child, which is a good thing.

I think you can count yourself lucky however that they are warranting your issues when your car is modded, even tho the mods probarly havent caused the issues with the gearbox most dealers wont touch driveline thanks to Fords impressive mod black list, its a joke but then again I wouldn't want to sell a product that I thought was at its limits and have people playing with it then coming back when it broke!

Hopefully they get it fixed tomorrow anyways and you dont have anymore worries. :eclipsee_ Who knows they might actually get something right for once!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #16
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
On a positive note although the dealer has let you down a little saying it will be ready & that time blows out but its still better service than no warranty service from the other Adelaide Ford dealers. Have you tried to get warranty from all Adelaide Ford dealers with no joy? (apart from your dealer)
Yeah, my other half works at a Ford dealer (the one where I bought my car actually) and they wouldnt do it in a fit. Neither will any of the others. But you are correct, at least the work is done under warranty.