Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #1
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Default more courtious drivers in sydney

just had a bit of fun at president avenue in kogarah, barbie doll driving in front of me in peak hr on the phone and smoking decides to cut the person beside her off to get into that lane nearly causing a 4 car pile up (her,me, the guy behind me and the driver she cut off). i give her a serving as i got past. at the next set of lights she decides to return serve by asking whats my problem? my problem? "you're driving whilst on the phone, you flick your cig butt out the window and landed on my bonnet and you nearly cause a 4 car pile up i don't have a problem barbie". then she replies by saying "you're only jealous because you can't get a root", my fiancee was sitting in the car with me : whats that got to do with what she just did??????
has anyone else had the same problem here?
i don't know, some women (not all present company excluded of course) are really getting worse than us males on the road
frustrating :

Old 01-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Nothing new... in fact it's been that way since I was a little tacker! The only way they will learn is when they DO eventually cause that pileup and have to face up to the police and a court. Then again, that hasn't stopped some of them in the past... Anyone got any ideas !?!??
Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

********* females.

A lady nearly merge lane into my left hand side of my car... I had no choice to hit the brakes. I was lucky there were no cars behind me, or else i might get rear-ended.

She just merge, no signal, no look-over-your-shoulder, nothing.

Last edited by Laminge; 01-12-2006 at 06:58 PM. Reason: beating the swear filter is easier than beating a banning!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
EFDream
XRR83D

Yeah I get cut off at least once a day on my 14kms to work and while I'm not always sure of the gender there are always things like phones, cig's, make up etc. AND THEN THEY THINK YOU"RE THE ONE AT FAULT!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
Yeah I get cut off at least once a day on my 14kms to work and while I'm not always sure of the gender there are always things like phones, cig's, make up etc. AND THEN THEY THINK YOU"RE THE ONE AT FAULT!
makes you wish you were a cop when that happens eh. somehow i don't think a chef can enforce the law legally can i??????????? :
Old 01-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
rushing on acid

i had a stupid woman a couple of years ago roll into the back of me at the lights. she was trying to put her make up on at the time ( morning peak hour). stupid ***** had the nerve to blame me for destroying her make up..... go figure! by the way she had to get her car towed due to a leaking radiator thanks to my trusty towbar at the time.
rushing on acid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Normally they will tell you to "mind your own business"
She must be from "the Shire". I'll bet she gets all the roots she want and some she doesn't want (from the Hurstville boys), lol.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
makes you wish you were a cop when that happens eh. somehow i don't think a chef can enforce the law legally can i??????????? :
you can legaly carry big knives though Tools of the trade.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #9
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Normally they will tell you to "mind your own business"
She must be from "the Shire". I'll bet she gets all the roots she want and some she doesn't want (from the Hurstville boys), lol.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

What is with this insult of "can't get a root" that females like to toss about?
Is "root" the new currency? Do we have to pay RST, roots and services tax?

"Yes honey I'm successful in my life and am generally satisfied but you have picked the one debilitating flaw........ My envy of root".

Girl sounds like total trash and if she was like Barbie you can bet she isn't happy. Her papa must be so proud of his little girl challenging others about root frequency in a tone that espouses her high traffic volume.

On another point, has anyone else noticed the increasing amount of drivers who don't indicate when turning or changing lanes anymore?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A response to this woman might be - "If I wanted a root in a hurry, I could offer you $2, which would be a fair price, considering you look like a $2 whore."
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
BlackLS

Let me know what car it is.

On Wednesday night around 7pm I had a builder in a Rodeo run me off the road into the median nature strip at the 2 into 1 lane merge heading towards Engadine on the Princes Hwy side of Loftus. The lane markings just end meaning whatever vehicle is in front at that point gets right of way, I was behind a VL with a safe gap between us, the rodeo comes roaring up the inside as the road is running out for 2 cars side by side. With his headlight almost touching my mirror, I layed on the horn where he kept getting closer and closer. I hit the brakes and by then was in the grass. I just let it slide because the GF was with me, but I have a good feeling he lives in Heathcote East...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
BlackLS

"can't get a root"...

"woman, I have more in this car than you can count!"

At that point you hold up potatoes, carrots, beetroot etc etc.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #13
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even the NSW state government can be courteous on the road. I was driving north on the Pacific highway at Gordon this afternoon, three lanes of solid traffic. A Sydney Water Board truck is lurking in a side street to the left. Suddenly just ahead of me (I was in the RH lane) he charges out between cars into the middle lane, hits the anchors and comes to a dead stop. Driver throws open his door just as I'm going past and hits my mirror folding it back. All traffic stops, I stop to check damage. Water Board guy is ignoring all this and is attending to a water leak in front of his truck in the middle lane.

Aren't there supposed to be things like flagmen, cones, warning signs etc? Or is this how desperate they are about Warragamba running out? A Water Board hit squad? Enough to make me feel like turning a tap on and leaving it running. And this is a few months after having my car 'stoned' by an RTA lawnmowing squad and Transfield the contractor denying all liability and yah sucks boo try us in court sucker.

Tough town Sydney.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:43 AM   #14
HOON69
Banned

sydney :

only good time to be driving in that hole is early hours of the morning
i can always get in and out of that place fairly quickly if i drive late hours of the night etc
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #15
McobraR
me may my mo

Yep was behind this red P-plater (dont worry im a P-plater too, tho on my greens) at the traffic lights this morning (sorry hoon69, im afraid it happens in the morning as well lol). She's there fixing her hair back with her left arm while stopped, then when the lights go green she starts moving forward but then lets go of the wheel and starts tying her hair with both arms while on the go, she starts drifting to the left then swerves back into line when she realised there was a car from the side street waiting at the edge to get into our land... all i can say... damn plastics!
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #16
HOON69
Banned

depends what side of sydney etc i guess but i have also noticed at times a few whom use the entire lane or 3 as their own duing the early hours but the majority of the time i travel through sydney (10pm-4am) i have almsta clean run and nearly the whole stetch to myself except a few trucks etc ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #17
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

When I was living in Sydney I had the "perfect" peak-hour car , an old HQ Panel Van with more dints than a Demolition Derby machine , rust marks coming out of the cracked paint & a dinted drivers door (previous owner backed out of the garage with the door open) . I would leave Blacktown about 8-30am , into town to Forbes St Woolomoloo , cross the bridge , number of calls up the Nt Shore to Dee Why then back to Blacktown by 3-30 4pm .

Never had trouble with anyone cutting me off , always had no probs changing lanes , everyone was VERY polite and gave me plenty of space . Mmmm , wonder why :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a lil episode this morning. I was sitting at a set of lights.... on the middle lane of a 3-lane road... right lane is "right lane must turn right". Green light, GO! im going straight and suddenly i saw this white subary liberty REALLY close on my right hand side.... honking me cos i wasnt letting him go straight.

I WISHED he drove onto the road divider, but unfortunately he didnt. He went passed me, i didnt look at him but two of my fingers did.

--end of episode 1--

Ep.2 - I was driving on a two lane road, the traffic is banked up on the left lane cos there was someone turning left, so i changed to the right lane. Driving.. driving.. driving... this grey hyundai elantra decided to change lane less than like a metre in front of me.
Had to hit the brakes... fortunately the car behind me noticed that too... so he too slammed the brakes.

--end of episode 2--

Both incidents happen within 10 minutes on Saturday morning. SHOCKING indeed.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #19
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

What is with this insult of "can't get a root" that females like to toss about?
Is "root" the new currency? Do we have to pay RST, roots and services tax?

"Yes honey I'm successful in my life and am generally satisfied but you have picked the one debilitating flaw........ My envy of root".

Girl sounds like total trash and if she was like Barbie you can bet she isn't happy. Her papa must be so proud of his little girl challenging others about root frequency in a tone that espouses her high traffic volume.

On another point, has anyone else noticed the increasing amount of drivers who don't indicate when turning or changing lanes anymore?
There is a stop sign outside my work (Tafe campus) and I haven't seen any of the lads actually STOP at it yet, let alone indicate. I am constantly distracted by them doing burnouts though, and if its not them its the federal police or others doing their driver training on the old runway nearby. What really ****es me off though is the pffft turbo tools. They **** along in the 40K zones and then take HALF a minute to cross EACH speed hump, sideways and they dont like it when you try to pass them while they are sideways on the speed hump, they are a pack of little wannabee latino jerks.

Last edited by GXL078; 02-12-2006 at 09:28 AM.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Going to a cruise one day I was sitting in the middle lane and this chick decides half way through the intersection that my lane was better so tries to go in. Problem is in directly beside her, he starts to turn and gets about 5mm from my side beep and goes on like its my fault. Can only laugh at these people.

Had another guy try to and push me into a concrete divider before which was very scary. Luckly I managed to avoid (JUST) so I sped up and caugh up to the ****wit, cut him off and lets say the rest of that story doesn't get pretty.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #21
red_october
Go on, be a monkey....

Here's where I wish we have on board cameras to film everything. Police here in WA are about to get laws to prosecute bad drivers who are captured on film. In fact, the laws could've been passed already...
red_october is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #22
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Its a "I pay my taxes, I own the WHOLE Road" mentality. Unfortunately it is only going to get worse.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #23
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had similar. One tried to overtake in a single lane road by treating it as two and nearly forced me into parked cars. She sat at the lights babbling away after I honked her (the honk was a warning). I rolled the window down to encourage her to start again then rolled it up. I could hear nothing. It was like flicking the switch on a toy - roll the window down to turn it on, roll it up and it stops in a minute, start all over again.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #24
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Sydney drivers certainly aren't the most considerate, infact it's getting pretty bad....

Try merging on M2 from Lano cove road in peak..... They just don't think......

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #25
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Well I have my fair share of war stories, but on the way home yesterday, I was almost squashed by a truck on the Ring Road which I suspect the driver was looking in the dash for something, I leant on the horn and squeezed out a good 5 solid seconds of horn until he stopped moving over into the right lane, I had hit the brakes by now and sat back, but did move at least halfway off into the right emergency lane in the process to avoid him.

When I passed him, he just looked sheepish and waved and I just waved back and kept going. Nathing I hate more than if you do have a brain fade that some toolbox decides to unleash WWIII on you, so it wasn't worth me going bananas.

Naturally smoking, on the mobile and being ditzy is a different story but a little lane wobble is nothing to get shot over.

Earlier that day I had been stuck behind a VN shitbox wagon in long lines of traffic, doing 80 in a 100 zone in the right lane, nobody in front of him, so I came pretty close behind him and did the "what's up?" gesture with both hands, he then slowed to 70 and tried to be a funny bugger. So I just sat behind him until he eventually overtook enough of the even slower cars in the left lane and then I ripped it up the left and got away from him, he tried as hard as he could but that pig couldn't even hit 100. He was so intent on trying to scare me or something, not sure why. Not like someone with only half a mouth full of teeth can even say anything inteligible that would put the fear of god into me.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #26
TUF514
Banned

we can all go on about instances.

the problem is women behind the wheel.

do the drive from brisbane to rocky and see how many women hold you up! that and caravans. women and carvans omg......

TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #27
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
A response to this woman might be - "If I wanted a root in a hurry, I could offer you $2, which would be a fair price, considering you look like a $2 whore."
Probably not such a good idea with his fiance in the car, but if he was alone, then thats gold!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #28
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Let me know what car it is.

On Wednesday night around 7pm I had a builder in a Rodeo run me off the road into the median nature strip at the 2 into 1 lane merge heading towards Engadine on the Princes Hwy side of Loftus. The lane markings just end meaning whatever vehicle is in front at that point gets right of way, I was behind a VL with a safe gap between us, the rodeo comes roaring up the inside as the road is running out for 2 cars side by side. With his headlight almost touching my mirror, I layed on the horn where he kept getting closer and closer. I hit the brakes and by then was in the grass. I just let it slide because the GF was with me, but I have a good feeling he lives in Heathcote East...
hey 'ls it was a black suzuki vitara with sc no plate scant remember the numbers. the funniest thing was the fact my fiancee was in the passenger seat she still said i need a root, im engaged ya dopey twat. i turned off just passed st george leagues and she kept going. i think i might have to see a shrink now im too cut up....... or not :
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #29
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just ram em your word against theirs..capiche!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #30
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushing on acid
i had a stupid woman a couple of years ago roll into the back of me at the lights. she was trying to put her make up on at the time ( morning peak hour). stupid ***** had the nerve to blame me for destroying her make up..... go figure! by the way she had to get her car towed due to a leaking radiator thanks to my trusty towbar at the time.
Sounds familiar except for the blaming part. I had front pos right hand lane going straight. Cars turning right in lane beside get green, some ******** toots, feamle behind me on hands free just floors it thinking they're tooting her and seeing cars beside her moving.

Phones fullstop, are a distraction we can do without whilst driving.

My pet hate though has to be the inconsideration around schools of parents. The amount of near misses, u turns in front of traffic, ridiculous parking positions, the list goes on. The school near me would keep officers busy and entertained for weeks!!

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post