Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: 2006 Ford's Bathurst victory = more Ford sales.
Yes 59 25.88%
No 62 27.19%
Maybe a wee bit of more interest 107 46.93%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #61
shoonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilracer_01
As the saying goes: win on Sunday sell on Monday :
geez where have I heard that before...

Tip: Read the thread :
shoonic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #62
McobraR
me may my mo

My answer is no, Ford has won the championship 3 times in a row already (which is pretty much as creditable as bathurst) yet the sales are still below commodore
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #63
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

mcobraR Falcon sales are below commodores mainly because of Holdens export programs overseas. If Ford could get their own exports sales would be very close each month.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #64
ssb2005
Scrubber Racing Team

it will generate more brand intrest which is a good thing.
1984 AB GSR Cordia tidy up time. DASH is here!! future track weapon
1973 Yamaha RD 250 project cafe racer
ssb2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #65
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline6
mcobraR Falcon sales are below commodores mainly because of Holdens export programs overseas. If Ford could get their own exports sales would be very close each month.
Ummm if you're talking about the FCAI results, they dont include exports.
And to make things worse, remember that thread that compared what private buyers perfered to buy? the Corolla was number 1 followed by like the Mazda 3. The Commodore was 9th, but the falcon was in the high teens... thats local sales, and is a better comparison.
Fact is, the only time the falcon was nibbling on commodore sales was early BA to BAMKII life (BA actually outsold commodore during some months), but i think it was the end of BAMKII where falcon sales started slipping... they didnt change enough of the outside to keep buyers coming back, they didnt take advantage of their then 'new' product. Even now, with BFMKI they havent done enough changes, and the sales reflect it. The BF MKII might look different but not much. They should try to heavily advertise its advantages such as less fuel economy, cus most people still think the commodore 6 will drink less than the falcon due to smaller capacity.
Yes you could say that if ford went holdens route about facelifting every year or two, it would affect resale, but in the end this thread is about sales aint it?.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #66
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
Yes you could say that if ford went holdens route about facelifting every year or two, it would affect resale, but in the end this thread is about sales aint it?.
It still wouldn't make much difference if Ford face lifted as much as Holden or not, the resale value for both makes would still be shite!
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #67
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it will. The reason I bought my first XR8 ute was because of V8 brutes. The reason I bought the second was because the first was so damn good.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #68
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

If there is any effect on sales or anything at all it wont be alot, probably just take more notice of Ford now.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #69
AFPGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Do you think that Fords victory this year will bring more Ford sales? Im sure the Ford dealers would like more people popping into the showroom from Monday.
It may have some impact on sales.The way i see it the cars have no real mechanical charesteristics as the road car in any form but they do have the BlueOval badge,in most cases just owning that product knowing that it is a success is enough to get people interested when deciding to purchase a car.Sales may not only be directed towards the falcon range but it may have a positive result in other models in that range aswell.
AFPGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #70
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
Fact is, the only time the falcon was nibbling on commodore sales was early BA to BAMKII life (BA actually outsold commodore during some months), but i think it was the end of BAMKII where falcon sales started slipping...
Im sure I read somewhere that the only time Falcon outsold Commodore was the BA Falcon & the Falcon won two of those months only.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #71
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Im sure I read somewhere that the only time Falcon outsold Commodore was the BA Falcon & the Falcon won two of those months only.
well there u go. falcon sales hasnt been as strong since then. There were some months when, if u included the utes, it outsold the commodore, but im not sure whether thats part of the months u're talkin about.