Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default dyno results

well.... i got the retune done today after fitting the recoed bottom end.it made 152rwk @ 5000 rpm and holds it there to 5400rpm bafore it starts to drop off.it actualy has lost torque it now makes 320 nm @ 3000 rpm and remains there to 4000 before slowly dropping off.
the bottom end has only done 1500 k's and is prolly a bit tight still .the cam is still advanced 5 degrees ,so theres a bit more potential in it yet.
i'm sort of at a crossroads wether to persist with the gnd cam and try and find something that will tune it dialed in properly or try the dev5 or that special surecam grind.but anyhow the finances are a bit stretched now so i'l have a little while to think about it.
next thing on my list is WILLOWBANK .i now have no oil leaks so next chance i get ,i'm out there .
catch yas ,jake

FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

They are good numbers still at 152rwkw. I know there are dyno's that would give you better bragging rights but this is still good.

The peak power at 5000 and drop off after 5400 is very typical of the I6 and thats with most modded cams which suggests to me its the flow characteristics of these heads making more impact than the cam.

Matching the cam and head flow characteristics is the only way forward from 150rwkw I would say and thats beyond a home hobby tuner for the most part. The surecam is a good cam and so is the dev5 and so is the 1521A all will give 160-170 rwkw with the right set up but I will guess that you need a good match between your head flow and the cam. I am running the dev5 and with my auto I seem to be stuck in the low 140rwkw mark. My guess is to get motre power now I need to get an EF Ticford 94DT head and get jim Mock to do their race series porting job to it and then i would be getting 160rwkw odd. I am convinced the cam and head flow characteristics need to match to get more power now cams only get you so far and for me with the auto its low 140rwkw's and you're still pulling low 150's.

I am not sure about the lost torque though. That just means lower rwkw power than before at lowe revs. With it advanced you wouldn't expect that. Post up your dynochart if it has kw and newtons versus rpm that would be nomal. Newtons tractive effort isn't quite the same as torque and I will bet its showing 3200 newtons tractive effort. Thats still not great as mine is peaking at almost 3500n and holding 3200n to 4750rpm.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These are the pics of my dyno results. the 151.9 is my current one.
Old 25-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Hmmm well very interesting but you have to ask the dyno operator about the AT Atmospheric Temp and IT Intake Temp varaitions here which I will tell you mean the runs are not an accurate reflection of power.

I know its hot in Qld but 51 degrees in your intake?

As my mate Spiro at Autotech will tell you its easy as hell to set up a dyno to give you a whacky correction factor and wonderful bragging rights rwkw numbers.
Old 25-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^well according to the current one AT is 27, IT is 34, so that's a bit more accurate...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
Futura01
horsepower

well looks like all is going well nice numbers your pulling there !!!
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
^^well according to the current one AT is 27, IT is 34, so that's a bit more accurate...
Yes only a little bit of correction factor.

Have a look at my latest power runs in the gallery. You can set it not to correct for you if you want the truth. But can you handle the truth?
Old 25-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, well i don't know if i can, mind you where i live there is only one dyno and i for one wouldn't take my car there anyway and two i doubt if it would be very accurate...

just out of interest what were the temps on that 115.9kw one? it hasn't got anything at the bottom...
Old 25-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Get it to the track mate.Forget dynos. My 131 rwkws vs 152 rwkw cars (on same dyno) at the track only pull .3 of a second quicker in manual form..its all crud.Gee I would love to see what power I would pull in shootout 8 mode!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, yes well i'd love to get it to a track...but we haven't got one of those here either...
Old 25-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #11
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, you guys know me .dynos mean nothing to me .its all about where the engine makes its power.the best quarter i ran was when it was makin 159 rwk .i honestly don't believe it was makin that much power with just a cam .but if you look closely look at the rev range it was making its power .from 5000 to the limiter it peaked and dropped back to where it was .exactly where you want your power to be for a good qter run changing gears just before the rev limit.
Old 25-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #12
2barr
750KW

Hey FS5, by looking at your graphs i can see that you could definately benefit from a larger cam, such as the ones you speak of, which wiil increase your mid to top end hp. Also you may want to look at your exhaust system as to the loss of torque. I do not know what you have but an engine that reves quite freely then falls flat (noses over) at the top of your graph definately point to an exhaust issue. You could find some gains with a stepped header system. I would be looking into something (for an engine of this size)around 1 1/2 primary's at around 10-12 inches and then stepping up to 1 5/8 for another 10 inches or so with well merged collectors as tri y or a 6 into 1 collecter. This should increase your exhaust flow as a whole but also reagain some lost bottom end from your upgraded camshaft. Just some thoughts, hope it helps. Good luck.
Old 25-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #13
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 barr ,thanks for your input.my current exhaust is pretty craptacular the way its set up . theres a nice 90 degree dogleg wher the headers meet the cat.when i get the dough together next mod i'l do will be some jethot covered pacies .

i should have explained the graphs verses mods i had done at the time.
the 159rwk was done with jmm streetfighter cam / dev4 , jmm cia ,top gun 8.8 spiralcore leads ,lukey headers ,2 1/2 highflow cat and zost with a single lukey ultra flow muffler and unichip.
156 rwk was done with same mods as above with a ported series 1 head (porting was done by headsense here in qld) it flowed 368hp @ 500 thou exhaust flowed 75 % of intake. the old series 2 head flowed 351hp @ 500 thou and exhaust 71 % of intake.
158 rwk was done after swapping the street fighter cam for the gnd / hammo spec cam (why the hell guys that sell cams won't give you cam chart is beyond me.go gnd and jmm)this cam was set @ 0 degrees on the vernier gear.
the 151 was done after fitting the bottom end .this was with the gnd cam advanced 5 degrees .with the old bottom end with the gnd cam made 152 same dyno same guys tunning it with the cam advanced 5 degrees.
Old 25-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
2barr
750KW

What compression ratio have you got ?